Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2008 , 13:50   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #211

Or he could just learn how to do it himself (precaching models is rather easy o.O).

EDIT: Yarg @ Sawce, you beat me to posting.
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
tacticalmedic
Old 02-24-2008 , 16:02   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #212

alright, here is my error log.

L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:07: Start of error session.
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:07: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "addons/amxmodx/logs/error_20080224.log")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:07: [AMXX] Plugin file open error (plugin "zombiemod_md_infection_buy_915.amxx")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:07: [AMXX] Plugin file open error (plugin "gamename_zmi.amxx")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:08: Invalid message id
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:08: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "csdm_misc.amxx")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:08: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "get_msg_block")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:08: [AMXX] [0] csdm_misc.sma::csdm_StateChange (line 164)
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:09: Invalid menu id -1(7)
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:09: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "csdm_misc.amxx")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:09: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "menu_items")
L 02/24/2008 - 15:56:09: [AMXX] [0] csdm_misc.sma::plugin_init (line 117)

Plugins are located in the normal spots...\amxmodx\plugins\
Plugin ini is as follows
; Custom - Add 3rd party plugins here
adthemes.amxx
uaio_admin.amxx
uaio_manager.amxx
prometheus.amxx
adthemes.amxx
amxx_podbotmenu.amxx
amxx_podbot_ctrl.amxx
amxx_atac.amxx
amxx_atac_cfg.amxx
Bullet_Whizz.amxx
gore.amxx
pb_weap_restr_ffa.amxx
sank_sounds.amxx
ptb.amxx
amx_super.amxx
admin_slash.amxx
amx_hpk.amxx
eam.amxx
eam_reader.amxx
;all_bombs.amxx debug
ultimate_sounds.amxx
loading_music2.amxx
;hack_hunter.amxx
;zombiemod_md_infection-fixed.amxx
zombiemod_md_infection_buy_915.amxx debug
zombiemod_md_spawneditor.amxx debug
zombiemod_md_restmenu.amxx debug
csdm_misc.amxx debug

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2008 , 16:09   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #213

I certainly don't hate MysticDeath - I would suggest that those who use that word in this case don't agree with my definition; hatred is a very powerful emotion.

The only people who have a right to feel aggrieved are the authors of work which has allegedly been used in a way that was not permissible and those who allegedly had their servers compromised. Nobody is entitled to use MysticDeath's work. Taking MysticDeath's work without his permission is no better than what he's accused of. I don't wish to patronise, but two wrongs do not make a right. I do not object to what Sawce did because he was merely mitigating the inexcusable, but I don't believe distributing the binary indiscriminately was the best approach - providing the tools to remove the alleged backdoors would have been sufficient. The correct course of action would be to legally challenge MysticDeath to either cease distribution or provide the source code. I do however understand why this is not feasible.

There's no need to insult me or call me a criminal as an unnamed person has done in the past simply because I appear to be defending a group you disagree with - of which I am not a part of or affiliated with in any way. Thanks for the negative karma in advance.

Last edited by Lee; 02-24-2008 at 18:12.
hoboman
Old 02-24-2008 , 16:50   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Taking MysticDeath's work without his permission is no better than what he's accused of.
The buyers of this plugin have the right to distribute this plugin to the public ( us ), so we don't even need his permission.

GNU FAQ:
Quote:
If I distribute GPL'd software for a fee, am I required to also make it available to the public without a charge?No. However, if someone pays your fee and gets a copy, the GPL gives them the freedom to release it to the public, with or without a fee. For example, someone could pay your fee, and then put her copy on a web site for the general public.
Quote:
providing the tools to remove the alleged backdoors would have been better.
yep, he already posted those tools
Old 02-24-2008 , 17:18   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #215

@ tacticalmedic

You do not put the name of the plugins in plugins.ini, there is another file for that...
You put the names in "plugins-zmod.ini" in configs folder. I will attach mine..

Also, I strongly suggest NOT using the spawn creator that is included here, I use the one hlstriker made, spawnutility.amxx

@ Lee, you sound like you read 1/2 of the thread and decided to post from there.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2008 , 18:03   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #216

@Dric Laar
I had read the entire thread. Having done so, I don't really see what difference that would have made either way.

@hoboman
You missed the point. He may well be obligated to distribute the source. I don't see where in the license it says a third party (or the author of the original work) can distribute the derivative work without permission even if the derivative work is infringing the original works' license. I'm not a lawyer, so don't for one minute think I'm saying this is the case, but I think it's possible that everyone who has distributed his work has committed copyright infringement also. I was originally talking about morals rather than legality.

An analogy:
A court orders a father to pay his child's mother support payments. This father is now obligated to pay. If he refuses to comply with his obligations, the mother has no right to take what she's entitled to herself; she must use the proper legal channels. Vigilante justice is not legal for good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman
yep, he already posted those tools
I know. The part of the sentence you quoted is ambiguous, but you can infer what I meant from what precedes it.

Last edited by Lee; 02-24-2008 at 18:06.
Dric Laar
BANNED
Old 02-24-2008 , 18:34   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Nobody is entitled to use MysticDeath's work. Taking MysticDeath's work without his permission is no better than what he's accused of.
And why not? I think we already got through the part where we point out the licenses and all that.

Unless, you are suggesting the license(s) is/are unfair?
flyeni6
Old 02-24-2008 , 18:36   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #218

damn i got banned from his fourm :/
o well

Send a message via AIM to flyeni6
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2008 , 19:19   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #219

If he didn't give you permission to use it, then you're not entitled to. If he has no right to deny permission, you must inform him of his violation - and if that fails to achieve what you believe to be license compliance, attempt to force him to alter his stance in court.

"Users should be entitled", "users are entitled" and "authors are obligated" all have subtle differences.

I don't wish to be drawn into a prolonged debate about license specifics. The fact is that not one single person here (including me) can say they know what they're talking about with any degree of certainty. I merely wanted to offer my opinion about what I see as right and wrong.

Last edited by Lee; 02-24-2008 at 19:28.
dekken
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2008 , 20:04   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #220

Keeps crashing when iam using Custom Models!
whats wrong?

"amx_zombie_first_model" "gonome"
"amx_zombie_model" "gonome"

Edit:
oh and does someone have Mystic's Death Map list?
cause they are running pretty much good maps for Zombie Mod...
so if someone could get The list..thx

Last edited by dekken; 02-24-2008 at 21:46.