Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)

Post New Thread Reply   

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2008 , 02:41   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #41

For some reason my server isnt changing the nextmap to dustbowl after 11. Heres my config any idea?
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmr.txt (667 Bytes, 171 views)

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2008 , 02:39   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #42

You still here? The times arent working right

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 05-01-2008 , 22:27   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #43

DontWannaName: Can you describe the "bad" change in more detail (e.g. "at 10AM server time with less than 15 players on, the map changed from cp_gravelpit to cp_well when I expected it to change to cp_dustbowl)?

I've uploaded a version 0.5 with the cvar dmr_nextmap renamed to sm_nextmap. sm_nextmap now updates more frequently (once a minute) and should be reliable for use with the ads plugins, etc. Let me know if there are still incompatibilities with any other plugins that use sm_nextmap.

Also included is a "nextmaps" command that'll output a list of the five next maps.

I also uploaded an .inc file for any developers that want to use it (like with a server status plugin).
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2008 , 02:33   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #44

I dont know, it just doesnt set the nextmap to dustbowl at 11PM, it fallows the 15 player rule though.

LIONz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-06-2008 , 01:51   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #45

is this correct syntax?
Code:
    "210"
    {
        "map"            "cp_desertfortress"
        "default_nextmap"    "220"
        "220"
        {
            "players_lte"    "25"
            "time_gte"       "21:00"
            "time_lte"       "9:00"
        }
    }

Last edited by LIONz; 05-06-2008 at 01:56.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2008 , 02:28   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #46

Yes but your telling the server to go to 220 no matter what. You want to change the 2nd 220 to whatever popular map will keep people on your server or dont if thats the next map

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 05-06-2008 , 03:05   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #47

DontWannaName: dumb question, but are you taking time zone differences into account if your TZ differs from your server's? Also, are you aware of the fact that your setup will switch to Dustbowl from 11PM-12AM (just one hour)? Was this intended or did you want early morning hours too?

LIONz: Your syntax is correct but as DontWannaName points out, you'll always go to map 220.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2008 , 03:20   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #48

lol that would explain it. Right now its -8 DTS and set to -8 and when I type thetime its right. I want it to go to dustbowl till the server restarts in the morning about 5am to attempt to keep it full, may even make it goldrush instead now. So 11pm to 5am.

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2008 , 03:23   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #49

Heres an updated version:
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmr.txt (1.1 KB, 134 views)

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 05-06-2008 , 03:35   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #50

DontWannaName: Your syntax is completely correct but unfortunately DMR won't recognize it as valid just yet (and this is a bug and on my todo list -- "times that straddle midnight"). For example, for:

Code:
"10"
    {
        "map"            "cp_warpath2"
        "default_nextmap"    "20"
        "40"
            {
                "players_lte"    "16"
        "time_gte"    "23:00"
        "time_lte"    "5:00"
            }
    }
Let's say it's 110PM. DMR reads the "40" condition as saying "is the current time between 11PM and 11:59PM (yes) AND is the current time between 12AM and 5AM (no). Imagine other times of the day and you can see that the "40" condition will never be true based on the way DMR currently works. I will fix this very soon. For now, a dirty workaround is to split up the time into two nearly identical conditional nextmaps:

Code:
"10"
    {
        "map"            "cp_warpath2"
        "default_nextmap"    "20"
        "40"
            {
                "players_lte"    "16"
        "time_gte"    "23:00"
            }
         "40"
            {
                "players_lte"    "16"
        "time_lte"    "5:00"
            }
    }
Let's say it's 110PM with 10 players. DMR looks at the first "40" condition and asks "Is the time between 11PM and 11:59PM?" (yes). The first "40" condition checks out and the next map is "40" (dustbowl).

Let's say it's 10AM with 10 players. DMR looks at the first "40" condition and asks "Is the time between 11PM and 11:59PM?" (no). DMR then looks at the 2nd "40" conditon and asks "Is the time between 12AM and 5AM?" (yes). The second "40" condition checks out and the next map is "40" (dustbowl).

I promise to look into this tomorrow so don't bother putting effort into fixing your dmr.txt if you can afford to hold off.