Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jonny The Pie King
Old 01-27-2011 , 18:22   Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)
Reply With Quote #1

So I noticed a little while ago that a new server that my friend is managing has an autoupdater for the server whenever an update would occur. Naturally, I asked him what he installed, and he said nothing but sourcemod and metamod. Both servers are on Linux.

So I updated sourcemod to 1.3.7 with the newest snapshot at the time (hg3092), and metamod to 1.8.5. Server still didn't autoupdate when I restarted it, and I got a chance to look at his console info when he rebooted. Now I don't have that on me, but I've noticed something different with his:

Quote:
mlds.sh: Game loop initializing... mlds.sh: To exit loop hit CTRL-C mlds.sh: Starting Server updater.sh: Checking for server updates.. updater.sh: Game server appears to be up to date Auto detecting CPU Using default binary: ./srcds_linux Server will auto-restart if there is a crash. Using breakpad minidump system Using breakpad crash handler Console initialized. Game.dll loaded for "Team Fortress" Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 440 Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(440)/version(4426)

Mine:
Quote:
mlds.sh: Game loop initializing... mlds.sh: To exit loop hit CTRL-C mlds.sh: Starting Server Checking bootstrapper version ... Updating Installation Failed to create directory CAsyncIOManager: 0 threads terminating. 0 reads, 0 writes, 0 deferrals. CAsyncIOManager: 15 single object sleeps, 0 multi object sleeps CAsyncIOManager: 0 single object alertable sleeps, 0 multi object alertable sleeps Auto detecting CPU Using default binary: ./srcds_linux Server will auto-restart if there is a crash. Using breakpad minidump system Using breakpad crash handler Console initialized. Game.dll loaded for "Team Fortress" Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 440 Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(440)/version(4426)
I seem to be missing the bolded/underlined section. Any help? I'll give any more information if needed.
Old 01-31-2011 , 00:24   Re: Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)
Reply With Quote #2

It shouldn't effect your server in any way. The first console log you pasted is from a recently installed server. It uses srcupdatecheck to check for updates, before launching hldsupdatetool. This typically results in much faster server starts, mainly when the steam servers are having issues.

The second console log just doesn't have this feature enabled. If you really want it, you can reinstall your server and it will be added. If you don't want to do that, there's really no issue. The server still has -autoupdate on the command line, and still should automatically update itself.

Note that this has nothing to do with SourceMM/SourceMod, and everything to do with gameservers.com (where you both get your servers from).
Old 02-01-2011 , 02:10   Re: Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)
Reply With Quote #3

ah, thank you very much. Though, I have to wonder, is there some way I could install it if I have FTP access (to the URL point, I can edit the srcds_run file for instance).

If not, thanks again for the information.

Last edited by Jonny The Pie King; 02-01-2011 at 02:38.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2011 , 23:07   Re: Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)
Reply With Quote #4

updater.sh is some custom written software from gameservers.com. It's not really something that you can install by yourself.
Old 02-02-2011 , 14:49   Re: Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)
Reply With Quote #5

Perhaps the easiest thing you could do would be to add the "-autoupdate" flag to you command line. This is the easiest way to update the servers and it is built into the engine, so no 3rd party script is required.
Old 02-02-2011 , 22:37   Re: Problem with the autoupdater (TF2)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecrob View Post
Perhaps the easiest thing you could do would be to add the "-autoupdate" flag to you command line. This is the easiest way to update the servers and it is built into the engine, so no 3rd party script is required.
Yeah, server already has that, it's just that it decides to crash like 50 times before actually updating...or upon restart it'll forgo the update process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
updater.sh is some custom written software from gameservers.com. It's not really something that you can install by yourself.
Bummer. Oh well, thanks for the help you guys, appreciate it.