Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

nvault

Post New Thread Reply   

atambo
Old 08-26-2005 , 23:11   nvault
Reply With Quote #1

has anyone used the nvault yet and figured it all out? I'm just not exactly sure how to use all the new functions...would be nice if someone could make a little tutorial on how to use it (here are some of my questions)

nvault_open ( const name[] )
-do we need to put the path to the vault file or just the name and it will be created for us in the vault folder?
-it says that it "Returns a vault id or INVALID_HANDLE (-1)" so does that mean when we open a new nvault we should set it to a variable like
Code:
new myvault = nvault_open ( const name[] )
nvault_get ( vault, const key[], ... )
-so this function will return whatever the data is...I'm not sure I understand the third arg is ... so I'm guessing that means if your data is a string then you put the length in place of the ...?
-for the vault arg we put the name of the vault or the vault id that is returned by nvault_open? I'm guessing the vault id...

nvault_lookup ( vault, const key[], value[], maxlen, &timestamp )
-I'm not sure I understand this...so with this function we can lookup an entry by its value not by its key? or the other way around?
-the &timestamp does that mean I can search for entries by timestamp also?
-could someone give an example of how to use the different lookups?

nvault_prune ( vault, start , end )
-what is the format of start and end?

nvault_close ( vault )
-are we going to always need to close our vaults before mapchange? like putting it in plugin_end() or something? or will it always save?