3% 

CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-12-2012 , 21:04   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
I submitted a bug for map management. I dont think sm_map works and I think that makes any map plugin not work?
Yes, heard that from someone else as well I think. Thanks for submitting. We'll be taking a look at more CS:GO bugs soon now that SM 1.4.3 has been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoilmoose View Post
man...new update today and they still didnt fix the inputs when dead or for the 0 button...bummer!
We will probably have a workaround soon to have menus only go to 9 on CS:GO (with ability to also only go to whatever the highest default-bound slot key is for other mods and games).

This is very little we can do about the slot keys being ignored while observing. After further investigation, the absolute most we could do is only having the keys corresponding to alive players work. We'll likely not do that due to the code hacks required as well as the ux inconsistency.
thesoilmoose
Old 06-13-2012 , 11:08   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Yes, heard that from someone else as well I think. Thanks for submitting.

We will probably have a workaround soon to have menus only go to 9 on CS:GO (with ability to also only go to whatever the highest default-bound slot key is for other mods and games).

This is very little we can do about the slot keys being ignored while observing. After further investigation, the absolute most we could do is only having the keys corresponding to alive players work. We'll likely not do that due to the code hacks required as well as the ux inconsistency.
Thank you! Oh and for the slot keys ignored while observing, You probably know this, but in case you dont, we found in our server if you press tab to look at the scoreboard, you can then press the numbers and it works, even though you cant see the menu. Not sure if that helps at all but, that has been our workaround.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2012 , 11:34   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

For extension authors:

Since psychonic didn't mention it here:

sm_central's latest build's sample_ext directory has updated VS projects and Makefile for building extensions against the CS:GO SDK and MMSOURCE19.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-13-2012 at 11:34.
PlasteR
Old 06-14-2012 , 05:58   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Is it possible to add the "mapchooser.cfg" start option of voting when a player reaches level 20, for example, in mode arms race?
Old 06-16-2012 , 08:42   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

GetClientAuthString returns wrong steam_id.
I have STEAM_0:0:******* and it returns STEAM_1:0:*******

LogToGame doesn't print any messages to console. Maybe something wrong with config?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-16-2012 , 08:48   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-GRAF View Post
GetClientAuthString returns wrong steam_id.
I have STEAM_0:0:******* and it returns STEAM_1:0:*******

LogToGame doesn't print any messages to console. Maybe something wrong with config?
Actually, the first one is wrong. All games before L4D are reporting it improperly. It's fixed in newer games (with the 1).
3D-GRAF
Old 06-16-2012 , 09:02   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Oh, thanks. Didn't know that.
And what about LogToGame?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-16-2012 , 09:09   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-GRAF View Post
Oh, thanks. Didn't know that.
And what about LogToGame?
As of SM 1.4.3, SM's LogToGame respects the sv_logecho cvar. If it's not enabled, logging is still written, but not echoed to the console.
waTTe
Old 06-16-2012 , 18:50   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Hi Guys, you can control the Admin Menu when you are dead or observing by typing menuselect 1 to menuselect 10 into the console, same goes for closing the menu, bind a key with "menuselect 10" or best version try bind 0 "menuselect 10; slot10;"
I know its annoying but not as annoying as if you cant control or close it at all. hf

btw: i already tried binding every number key with "menuselect x; slotx;" somehow it didnt work, but it does at 10
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-16-2012 , 18:56   Re: CS:GO support for MM:S and SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waTTe View Post
Hi Guys, you can control the Admin Menu when you are dead or observing by typing menuselect 1 to menuselect 10 into the console, same goes for closing the menu, bind a key with "menuselect 10" or best version try bind 0 "menuselect 10; slot10;"
I know its annoying but not as annoying as if you cant control or close it at all. hf

btw: i already tried binding every number key with "menuselect x; slotx;" somehow it didnt work, but it does at 10
There is no slot10. It's already know that just binding to "menuselect 10" would work without any ill effects. While admins can deal with it, it's unreasonable to expect normal clients to do it. We will be stopping the menu at 9 soon on csgo.
Closed Thread