Various weapon speeds

Post New Thread Reply   

xeroblood
BANNED
Old 02-18-2005 , 18:24  
Reply With Quote #11

Good Job on the plugin v3x!

@genesis:
Why not just adjust the cvar 'sv_knifespeed' to your own liking??
And what is wrong with people sharing to the public? He could've just kept it to himself, but he chose to share it, for others who may find it useful!!
Critisism is cool and all, but what's wrong with being polite about it?
Send a message via MSN to xeroblood
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 19:40  
Reply With Quote #12

Nice job on the plugin. And a note to everyone that uses this, you can set the maxspeed lower than the usual if you want AWPs to be immobile or the C4 to be heavy, it doesn't have to be used to make people run faster.

I voted 4, but it seems that someone else gave it a 1 (4 + 1 over 2 = 2.50, there current score).
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 19:53  
Reply With Quote #13

Thanks Avalanche .
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 20:00  
Reply With Quote #14

I'd recommend doing it this way:

Code:
#define PLUGIN  "Various Weapon Speeds" #define AUTHOR  "v3x" #define VERSION "1.00" public plugin_init() {     register_plugin(PLUGIN, VERSION, AUTHOR)     register_event("CurWeapon", "check_speed", "be")     register_cvar("sv_knifespeed", "410.0")     register_cvar("sv_c4speed", "410.0")     register_cvar("sv_awpspeed", "320.0") } public check_speed(id) {     new clip, ammo     new weapon = get_user_weapon(id, clip, ammo)     switch (weapon) {         case CSW_KNIFE: set_user_maxspeed(id,(get_cvar_float("sv_knifespeed")))         case CSW_C4: set_user_maxspeed(id,(get_cvar_float("sv_c4speed")))         case CSW_AWP: set_user_maxspeed(id,(get_cvar_float("sv_awpspeed")))     }     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

You probably want to return PLUGIN_CONTINUE or other plugins won't catch this event if they are below this plugin in plugins.ini...
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 21:05  
Reply With Quote #15

Good idea!! Just like in PHP, hehe.. I like that way, switch statement. Also, can I add multiple functions in each case?
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 21:33  
Reply With Quote #16

Yes, but you have to use brackets.

Code:
switch (weapon) {     case CSW_KNIFE: {         set_user_maxspeed(id,(get_cvar_float("sv_knifespeed")))     }     case CSW_C4: {         set_user_maxspeed(id,(get_cvar_float("sv_c4speed")))     }     case CSW_AWP: {         set_user_maxspeed(id,(get_cvar_float("sv_awpspeed")))     } }
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 21:44  
Reply With Quote #17

Nice, thanks...I'll use this in my next plugin .

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2005 , 07:31  
Reply With Quote #18

Well switch statements not only look good but apparantly they (should) run faster than doing endless lines of else ifs.
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2005 , 11:50  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Well switch statements not only look good but apparantly they (should) run faster than doing endless lines of else ifs.
Yea, I notice that they do clean up the code pretty good .

[415]StoNeD
Old 02-19-2005 , 21:11  
Reply With Quote #20

Why define this plug under "all"?