Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2019 , 15:38   Re: [PAID REQ][CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot

I hope you're meaning 30 USD for 15 servers not 450...
Old 02-27-2019 , 07:42   Re: [PAID REQ][CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlodyT. View Post
Hey sneaK, thank you for your honest option, when it comes to a project like this one. I don't think that any developer would ever sell the source. Selling a license (including source) for $50 is just like shooting your own knee.
I'm not sure why you are posting in the SourceMod sections then?

Your phrases have just limited yourself in that direction that you cannot legally use SourceMod for your project at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
I read it as 50 USD per server, meaning that according to the sheet above, it would indeed be 450 USD per month for 15 servers.

I would rather deal with the cheaters manually, and add a 24/7 "poke my phone"-feature, than to pay that kind of price.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
BlodyT.
Old 02-27-2019 , 10:31   Re: [PAID REQ][CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
I'm not sure why you are posting in the SourceMod sections then?
I apologize, I thought that it will be better to reply here instead of creating a new thread. Could you please move this thread to "Metamod:Source Plugins"? Thanks

Quote:
Your phrases have just limited yourself in that direction that you cannot legally use SourceMod for your project at all.
Quote:
I decided to work on my own anti-cheat solution. It will be an standalone addon working on metamod (this means that you will be able to use this AC without sourcemod).
With Metamod Source I don't need to release any source code with the plugin. The license allows commercial/proprietary use.

Quote:
I would rather deal with the cheaters manually, and add a 24/7 "poke my phone"-feature, than to pay that kind of price.
Quote:
Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. I don't really see a reason to purchase this AC for JB, Surf etc.. servers. Mainly it should be only used at FFA, DM and Retake servers. Paying $30-$50 USD per month shouldn't be a problem for a top-ranked server where the slots are almost all the time taken and the server is full. ULTR@ owner have at least 33 customers for his current product and people are repurchasing the license every month. So there is definitely a customer niche for this product. I just need to know if somebody from here would be interested in this kind of AC solution at his server and what the pricing should be set (if billing monthly only)?
When it comes to the marketing, a player will choose a server with "poke my phone" Anti-Cheat or a server with proper AC?

Regards,
BlodyT
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-27-2019 , 11:09   Re: [PAID REQ][CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot

Quote:
I apologize, I thought that it will be better to reply here instead of creating a new thread. Could you please move this thread to "Metamod:Source Plugins"? Thanks
Will be done in a sec.

Done.

Might also be worth changing the title, as if you are doing something like this yourself, it isn't really "[PAID REQ]" any more.

Quote:
With Metamod Source I don't need to release any source code with the plugin. The license allows commercial/proprietary use.
Seems indeed like I missed the "metamod" word from that quoted phrase while reading it.

Quote:
Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. I don't really see a reason to purchase this AC for JB, Surf etc.. servers. Mainly it should be only used at FFA, DM and Retake servers. Paying $30-$50 USD per month shouldn't be a problem for a top-ranked server where the slots are almost all the time taken and the server is full. ULTR@ owner have at least 33 customers for his current product and people are repurchasing the license every month. So there is definitely a customer niche for this product. I just need to know if somebody from here would be interested in this kind of AC solution at his server and what the pricing should be set (if billing monthly only)?
When it comes to the marketing, a player will choose a server with "poke my phone" Anti-Cheat or a server with proper AC?
I believe you're misunderstanding the target of your payments.

There are obviously a couple of well-run communities out there, but the majority are (what would the right phrase be in English? Squeezing the lemon?) too much, for their own profits and gain.

The majority would maybe pay a few bucks, $1, $2 or so per month, maybe you're lucky with $5.

Anything above $5/server, with possibility for discounted rates, I'd say your target audience will be very minimalistic, according to my experience.

After all, if you search around the forums, you'll see al ot of people ask "can I run this 128 tick blah on my simple $2/mo VPS?".

You do also have absolutely no ways of controlling that people are actually paying that much (or paying at all) for the other AC you mention. I mean, I could easily list something at my site for $50, although none of the users were actually paying for it. Or maybe with a few paying like $2/mo per server... One thing is what's being told, something else is ... sometimes the real facts.

I don't want to judge on this specific AC or anything, but similar things have happened a lot of times, so many times to that I wouldn't avoid having that possibility on my mind..

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 02-27-2019 at 11:13.
BlodyT.
Old 02-27-2019 , 15:45   Re: [PAID REQ][CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot

Quote:
Will be done in a sec.

Done.

Might also be worth changing the title, as if you are doing something like this yourself, it isn't really "[PAID REQ]" any more.
Thanks for moving this thread, I also changed thread title.

Quote:
Will be done in a sec.
Seems indeed like I missed the "metamod" word from that quoted phrase while reading it.
No worries, all good.

Quote:
I believe you're misunderstanding the target of your payments.

There are obviously a couple of well-run communities out there, but the majority are (what would the right phrase be in English? Squeezing the lemon?) too much, for their own profits and gain.

The majority would maybe pay a few bucks, $1, $2 or so per month, maybe you're lucky with $5.
I can't disagree with you, panorama update killed MOTD which in probably 90% cases, generated income for server owners (besides VIP subscription).

There are three types of potential customers:
a) Those with no money.
b) Those who have the money, but they will not spend x amount of money for this AC.
c) Those who have money, but they don't know about this product.
There are only two ways of doing this:
a) Selling this addon at a higher price ($40-$50 USD) and keeping low customer base & making it more exclusive and wanted by players. Way easier to keep eye on everything, providing the highest standards of the service.
b) Selling this addon at a low price ($15-$20 USD) for masses. Selling a product for masses will have more downsides in this particular example. Keeping everything at the highest level e.g. customer support will be a challenge (I'm not saying that it's impossible to achieve that).
Quote:
After all, if you search around the forums, you'll see al ot of people ask "can I run this 128 tick blah on my simple $2/mo VPS?".
I understand it, but that's not part of my targeting group of customers. If somebody can barely run the server, there is no need to even look for an AC solution. If the project will be done, I will write down the minimum requirements for the server to run this addon. Just in case somebody will buy this addon while having a "potato" server specs and then complaining that the var is jumping. There will be done several tests at different machines, just to find the minimum requirements per slot to > CPU & RAM.

Quote:
You do also have absolutely no ways of controlling that people are actually paying that much (or paying at all) for the other AC you mention. I mean, I could easily list something at my site for $50, although none of the users were actually paying for it. Or maybe with a few paying like $2/mo per server... One thing is what's being told, something else is ... sometimes the real facts.
Here I have to disagree with you. I don't really think that people would put custom server variables and tags into their servers just to "show off". I did my own research and yes, he's selling it for 50 USD. If you don't believe me, feel free to check it out by yourself at vk.ru/RU sites. Even here at AM somebody gave ~ similar price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Faraday View Post
Hi. On the Internet stumbled on one server anti-cheat, reverse engineer it decompiles not work, and the source code(.sp file) it doesn't give you - that is, violate the SourceMod license GNU GPL v3. Plus, he sells it for 48$. The basis is the SMAC anticheat which in turn takes the basis from KAC. Maybe there are craftsmen who will be able to reverse engineer the anti-cheat and share publicly?

Sorry about that " English"
If you still don't believe me, look up for those server variables:
"esp_version" "0.8.6.4+[SMAC]<Ultr@>-R52"
"SMAC_Ultr@_credit"
"SMAC_Ultr@_key"
"SMAC_Ultr@_version"

Quick research, found few CS:GO servers

Quote:
I don't want to judge on this specific AC or anything, but similar things have happened a lot of times, so many times to that I wouldn't avoid having that possibility on my mind..
Thanks for your honest opinion about this project. This is the feedback which I exactly looked for.
I need to find the best solution for this project and find out if it's even worth doing it.

Once again, much appreciated for everyone, taking your time to respond here

Regards,
BlodyT

Last edited by BlodyT.; 02-27-2019 at 16:20.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-01-2019 , 13:10   Re: [CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

I think the main difference here is that this person is selling an anti-cheat for a base, one-time price. I think you'll struggle finding anyone willing to pay any sort of significant amount on a recurring basis, as the cost to the consumer will just keep going up.

It's probably also best not to speculate on pricing before the potential project is even done - this thread went from looking for an anti-cheat, to potentially trying to sell one, at great cost.

Last edited by sneaK; 03-01-2019 at 13:11.
BlodyT.
Old 03-01-2019 , 14:55   Re: [CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
I think the main difference here is that this person is selling an anti-cheat for a base, one-time price. I think you'll struggle finding anyone willing to pay any sort of significant amount on a recurring basis, as the cost to the consumer will just keep going up.
It's not a one time payment but I understand your point of view. I will probably need a vote poll to find the right price for this product.

Quote:
It's probably also best not to speculate on pricing before the potential project is even done
Looking for the right price(price research) for a product is just part of making the business plan/product outline.

Quote:
this thread went from looking for an anti-cheat, to potentially trying to sell one, at great cost.
I have an ongoing project which requires the server sided anti-cheat. At the very beginning, I thought that I can get a well-coded base from which I can work on my own anti-cheat without even thinking that in the future I will be re-selling it. Since I've got scammed (bought worthless copypaste), I decided to move my workforce and focus at creating my own anti-cheat from scratch. Obviously, if you decide to change something in your business roadmap, some "things" have to be delayed in order to add/speed up others "things". This means that the whole project will be delayed due to unpredictable change in the roadmap. This means I will have to apply some changes to the project (e.g. hiring one more dev to keep on everything up to the date), a good manager will always look for any possibilities if you can save some money or gain any benefits from the new features/projects. So that's why I'm doing this research, just to find if the company can make any cash from it. Since everyone is saying that the prices should be lowered, I'm more likely considering option b) which will reduce the costs to $15-$20 USD per month and probably $10 USD for a multiple servers owners.

Regards,
BlodyT.

Last edited by BlodyT.; 03-01-2019 at 16:40. Reason: Some grammar mistakes/language switch
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2019 , 09:20   Re: [CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

What confuses me is how have you gone from trying to find someone to do this to now you doing it yourself? I am what you would call a well established community if not maybe one of the biggest I'm not too sure how others rank but I couldn't see myself paying $450 a MONTH for protecting my servers. $500 one time payment, sure I can do that in a heart beat but that is an incredible asking price when you can literally get commercial DDoS protection for around $750 a month.
Old 03-03-2019 , 15:38   Re: [CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

Quote:
What confuses me is how have you gone from trying to find someone to do this to now you doing it yourself?
I already explained it in my previous message. I have limited time and workforce to finish the project on time. My project requires a server sided AC to secure my servers (obviously as part of my project). So, sooner or later I will have to get it. I can deprioritize some task and skip the development of other parts of the project in order to get the AC done first. Since AC will be done from scratch, working on Metamod source (redistribution without source), every entrepreneur would look for the possibility of cashing it right? The only reason why I was looking for a pre-done AC solution, was to save some time. I hoped for a heavy modified version of SMAC but I end up with COW+SMAC copypaste. I lost some money and because of that. I decided to work on my own anti-cheat solution.

I'm only asking for some feedback and thoughts about this project.
  1. If somebody will be interested in this project? Would you purchase a license for your server?
  2. If the only billing option is by paying per month, what price should be set per server/multiple servers?
Quote:
but I couldn't see myself paying $450 a MONTH for protecting my servers.
First of all, it's just a price draft, nobody said that it will be the final price when the project will be done. Most of you said that this is way too much, I understand it. As I said, right now I'm more likely looking at option b)
Quote:
There are only two ways of doing this:
a) Selling this addon at a higher price ($40-$50 USD) and keeping low customer base & making it more exclusive and wanted by players. Way easier to keep eye on everything, providing the highest standards of the service.

b) Selling this addon at a low price ($15-$20 USD) for masses. Selling a product for masses will have more downsides in this particular example. Keeping everything at the highest level e.g. customer support will be a challenge (I'm not saying that it's impossible to achieve that).

I saw that you have BH, Surf, KZ, JB servers. May I know why you want to secure those servers? I thought that the main target for cheaters (90%) are casual servers, 1vs1, dm, retakes etc..
This anti-cheat will be not efficient against "true" legit cheating players. From my point, protecting a BH, Suft, KZ and Jailbreak servers is just a waste of money.

"True" means low fov, high smooth and random bone picker for the AB.

Quote:
$500 one time payment, sure I can do that in a heart beat but that is an incredible asking price when you can literally get commercial DDoS protection for around $750 a month.
Unfortunately, a one time payment isn't possible. You don't have to protect all of your servers (e.g. jailbreak, KZ etc..), you can secure only those who really need the additional security.

I re-do the pricing draft, let me know what do you think. The prices should be more affordable now. Probably the most popular choice would be "2-4 servers" which cost $15 USD per month and $12.75 USD per mo if billed quarterly.

Regards,
BlodyT.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-04-2019 , 19:47   Re: [CS:GO] Upcoming Server Sided Anti-Cheat Project | Aimbot | Triggerbot | Wallhack

Quote:
I already explained it in my previous message. I have limited time and workforce to finish the project on time. My project requires a server sided AC to secure my servers (obviously as part of my project). So, sooner or later I will have to get it. I can deprioritize some task and skip the development of other parts of the project in order to get the AC done first. Since AC will be done from scratch, working on Metamod source (redistribution without source), every entrepreneur would look for the possibility of cashing it right? The only reason why I was looking for a pre-done AC solution, was to save some time. I hoped for a heavy modified version of SMAC but I end up with COW+SMAC copypaste. I lost some money and because of that. I decided to work on my own anti-cheat solution.

I'm only asking for some feedback and thoughts about this project.
  1. If somebody will be interested in this project? Would you purchase a license for your server?
  2. If the only billing option is by paying per month, what price should be set per server/multiple servers?

First of all, it's just a price draft, nobody said that it will be the final price when the project will be done. Most of you said that this is way too much, I understand it. As I said, right now I'm more likely looking at option b)

I saw that you have BH, Surf, KZ, JB servers. May I know why you want to secure those servers? I thought that the main target for cheaters (90%) are casual servers, 1vs1, dm, retakes etc..
This anti-cheat will be not efficient against "true" legit cheating players. From my point, protecting a BH, Suft, KZ and Jailbreak servers is just a waste of money.

"True" means low fov, high smooth and random bone picker for the AB.

Unfortunately, a one time payment isn't possible. You don't have to protect all of your servers (e.g. jailbreak, KZ etc..), you can secure only those who really need the additional security.

I re-do the pricing draft, let me know what do you think. The prices should be more affordable now. Probably the most popular choice would be "2-4 servers" which cost $15 USD per month and $12.75 USD per mo if billed quarterly.

Regards,
BlodyT.
I protect my "fun" servers already for movement based cheats etc. That's not a problem. However, I'm about to start my own league as well as my "skill" servers will also need protecting. Probably still looking at around 17 servers to protect.

Option "b" is probably the only one that is going to work here and you've got to realise that you're going to have to prove to us that you can do what you can say you do as I don't think anyone is going to have faith in putting something without source code on their server if you're not reputable.