Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Solved Compiling SM build succeeds but build does not load or error. (Ubuntu 18.04)

Post New Thread Reply   

Puppetmaster
Old 10-05-2018 , 09:37   Compiling SM build succeeds but build does not load or error. (Ubuntu 18.04)
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everyone,

I rebuilt my build server with ubuntu 18.04 LTS a few weeks ago and have only gotten around to recompiling an optimized version of sourcemod today however when I compile and run ambuild it gets all the way through the build process and says 'Build succeeded.' but when I replace the sourcemod files it does not load.

Running the following gives this in the console:
meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>

I am building via:
python ../configure.py --enable-optimize --sdks csgo
and then ambuild

I have no idea why it is not working now, I did a bit of googling and some people seem to have had issues with GCC7.3 however I would have expected to have seen errors somewhere along the way. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

GZS Servers

Last edited by Puppetmaster; 10-05-2018 at 10:38. Reason: Solved :)
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-05-2018 , 10:04   Re: Compiling SM build succeeds but build does not load or error. (Ubuntu 18.04)
Reply With Quote #2

It's probably not finding tier0/vstdlib due to the linking order bug with GCC. Manually using the meta load command should give a more specific error, or you can check for that issue with ldd. If that is the issue, easiest workaround is to just build with Clang. That's what we use for the first-party builds.