Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin Protect.

Post New Thread Reply   

Brrdy
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:54   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdg View Post
Exactly!
Like I said above I will do it if I talk to an approver and if it's allowed and you add me on steam Ill be happy to give you the code
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-09-2015 , 15:02   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
[...]which means, we will not be giving you help here.[...]
Which means the contractor has grounds to sue him.
It should be mentioned however, that so far no lawsuit has happened regarding any sourcemod plugin. At least that I know of. Kigen filed a DMCA once. Worst case that you can expect to happen is a temp- or permban here. Doubtfully anyone will sue you over the amount of ~100 bucks tops (I assume you're not going to work on anything other than smaller stuff). But regardless, be prepared, and follow the license to not be vulnerable against lawsuits.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 03-09-2015 at 15:03.
Brrdy
Old 03-09-2015 , 15:05   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
It should be mentioned however, that so far no lawsuit has happened regarding any sourcemod plugin. At least that I know of. Kigen filed a DMCA once. Worst case that you can expect to happen is a temp- or permban here. Doubtfully anyone will sue you over the amount of ~100 bucks tops (I assume you're not going to work on anything other than smaller stuff). But regardless, be prepared, and follow the license to not be vulnerable against lawsuits.
So wait. Do you think it is allowed for me to post how it would work lol
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 15:26   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrdy View Post
Like I said above I will do it if I talk to an approver and if it's allowed and you add me on steam Ill be happy to give you the code
Done!

Last edited by Sdg; 03-09-2015 at 15:27.
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 15:42   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #15

So, nobody can tell me how to put the code?
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2015 , 16:11   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #16

I'm sure there are ways to obfuscate the SMX so publicly available compilers will not work effectively. If you're adding plugin protection (or hiring it out, just make sure you get the .sp too) so that others can't grab the SMX and plop it into their server and have it work, I would think that would be ok... I would have to look at the license again since I haven't perused it, but in my thinking, that would be ok.

I'm not any official voice for anything official - just more thinking out loud. There are more people here with far more knowledge regarding the legality of your concern.
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 16:33   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #17

I dont really understand what is the problem ..
I'm looking for something like this, but for sourcemod!

Quote:
new const SERVERIP_PROTECTION[] = "69.162.68.76:27015" // Server IP Protection

public plugin_init()
{
static
ServerIP[32]
get_user_ip(0, ServerIP, charsmax(ServerIP))

if(!
equal(ServerIP, SERVERIP_PROTECTION))
set_fail_state("Sistema Anti-Robo Activado, eres un pendejo .l.")
else
log_amx("Modificacion de juego activada correctamente!")
}
Quote:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <ColorChat> // En el caso de no tener este include borrar y poner un stock o como quieran

new const miserver[ ] = "111.111.111.111:27015" //aqui pondran la IP del servidor en el cual estara este plugin
new ServerIp[25] //Creamos variable de la ip del aservidor

public plugin_init() {
register_clcmd("say /ip", "ipcmd") //comando de /ip para saber cuando usan tu plugin en un sv
register_logevent("checkip", 2, "1=Round_Start") //checkea la IP al principio de la ronda
set_task(300.0, "ipcmd", 0, "", _, "b"); // Mensaje de aviso cada 300segundos de la IP del servidor
get_user_ip(0,ServerIp,24,0) // Obtenemos la IP del servidor en el cual corre este code
}

public
ipcmd(id) {
ColorChat(id, GREEN, "[IP]^x01 La IP de este servidor es:^x04[^x01 %s^x04]", ServerIp) // mensae ._.
}
public
checkip() {
if (
equali(ServerIp, miserver)) // Comparamos que la IP en el que corre el sv sea la misma que la de "miserver"
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE //si son iguales, el plugin continua y no hace un carajo
else server_cmd("quit"); // pero de no ser asi, se carea el server
return PLUGIN_HANDLED //Handleamos y FIN
}

// SI NO TENES EL STOCK DEL COLOR CHAT, SACA EL INCLUDE Y PONE UN STOCK o nose ITCH_HIGH

// ESTE PLUGIN SE RECOMIENDA AGREGAR AL PLUGIN QUE QUIERES PROTEGER

Last edited by Sdg; 03-09-2015 at 21:38.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2015 , 17:05   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #18

If they get hold of your .smx unintentionally, and really think it is worth stealing, they can use the free .smx compiler that is posted on this very forum to remove your fix.

That being said, there are plenty of ways to make your code only work for you. Do a google search with the search term, "site:alliedmods.net". Something like get IP. Or "smlib" should do the trick.

If your plugin uses a native for another one and you use IfLibraryExists or something or the other, they won't be able to run it unless they have the accompanying plugin, or make a plugin specifically to make dummy-natives / library so yours will run.

The best thing to do is just make sure your server is hardened against ways to hack it.

Last edited by Chdata; 03-09-2015 at 17:08.
xf117
Old 03-10-2015 , 04:57   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Some countries doesn't even acknowledge open source licensed products. In our laws there is no such thing as free open source license and it is not allowed to use such products in government sector for example.
Even if they live in the same country, i doubt anyone would even bother to start investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdg View Post
Is it possible to protect a plugin?

I would like to restrict the plugin to a server with the ip and port. else = server shooting down.
Sry my english.

Many Thanks!
Easy answer - no. You plugin can be easily opened and modified and there is no protection against that.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-10-2015 , 07:57   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #20

I'm currently using this but me strip mistake, does not work.
Thanks to Brrdy by the code.

Code:
#include <sourcemod>

public Plugin:myinfo =   
{ 
    name = "TEST", 
    author = "Brrdy", 
    description = "TEST", 
    version = "1.00", 
    url = ""
};

public OnPluginStart()