Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2013 , 19:24   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

From following this thread, it appears to me that the hold up with releasing 1.5 is getting the translations done for new/revised text. That clearly puts the long wait time on the translators, not the developers.

I have no information on why those languages have not been completed, but it seems to me that the people signed up for those languages don't care about SourceMod anymore. I suggest putting out a release with the English duplicated in the incomplete languages. That will either flush out users to support the translations or show that the language no longer needs to be included with SourceMod.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:05   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

The delay is primarily on writing the bcompat changes for the engine split, which is why we haven't done a push on translators.
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:22   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear the project is still going strong (except for those damn translators ).

Also, thanks for being so nice in your responses.
Chrisber
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 11:12   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sna.ke View Post
(except for those damn translators )
Yeah, better make sure to insult people spending their free time and give YOU their work.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2013 , 12:25   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisber View Post
Yeah, better make sure to insult people spending their free time and give YOU their work.
translating to another language is hard work? please tell my boss this so i can stop making minimum wage.

its obvious he was being cheeky with his response and was not implying ALL translators were bad. but those who promise to fulfill a task SHOULD recieve critisim for not following through with it

Last edited by lyric; 07-16-2013 at 12:26.
Phorce_Phed
Old 07-26-2013 , 10:04   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Approximately how far out is this?

Weeks? Months?

Thanks
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2013 , 12:34   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorce_Phed View Post
Approximately how far out is this?

Weeks? Months?

Thanks
Decades, at best.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2013 , 12:56   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Wich version should i use if i use Workshop on my server and want be able to use Sourcemod vote system? Do i need 1.6 or using 1.5 snapshot is enought?
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2013 , 01:10   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

AFAIK you should only use 1.6 if you are running Dota

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2013 , 08:48   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

need korean Translators?
Closed Thread