3% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

alinayg
Old 05-17-2010 , 05:58   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn View Post
i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

kinda offtopic: shouldnt it be possible to turn any normal map into an arena map by adding a corresponding logic entity? if so, then a new plugin should be created which then could be combined with dodgeball, resulting in a no-respawn dodgeball.
I'll test out the arena theory tomorrow when i wake up lol.

Haven't looked around for one that does this though, don't know if it exists... yet, might not even need it if the arena logic entity thing works.

Edit: Updated map

Made triangles bigger
Moved infospawn back
Added a few lights

http://www.lostbrotherhood.com/orang...gle_a2.bsp.bz2

Last edited by alinayg; 05-17-2010 at 06:15.
flubber
Old 05-17-2010 , 07:16   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #22

Ok, i've just set up our server (momomodus.fr:27100).
Got a bug :
- I was the only one with only 200 as ammo, when i removed myself from admin list i got 800.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-17-2010 , 07:23   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubber View Post
I was the only one with only 200 as ammo, when i removed myself from admin list i got 800.
My only guess is that you are running one of the other tf2items plugins, only one can modify the same weapon at the same time.
Old 05-17-2010 , 07:35   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #24

Vanilla server, just installed it for dodgeball, i've install mm:s 1.81, sm 1.4, hooks last release, tf2items and dodgeball. I'm looking on the cfg right now.

Edit : Ok, found the problem a old txt that i import with the admins list.

Last edited by flubber; 05-17-2010 at 07:39.
Ashlook
Old 05-17-2010 , 08:30   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #25

Hmmmmm, got a problem, Hammer crash when I try to open your .vmf :'(.

Last edited by Ashlook; 05-17-2010 at 08:38.
crazy-tony
Old 05-17-2010 , 10:25   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #26

yes il give you the logs mate no probs ...pm me your email address please ..

Also id love it if you can keep the option to use say koth type of maps and also the option to spawn rockets with 1 player on ..

makes it easyer for map testing on your own and also less boring if your trying to get a server going ..

Maybe add a cvar for the rocket option ??

im willing to give any amount of suport for the mod including a server if needed !!
Old 05-17-2010 , 10:27   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn View Post
i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

kinda offtopic: shouldnt it be possible to turn any normal map into an arena map by adding a corresponding logic entity? if so, then a new plugin should be created which then could be combined with dodgeball, resulting in a no-respawn dodgeball.

i also agree that it should possibly be handled by another plugin giving the option of diferent types of maps to be run ..
Old 05-17-2010 , 15:00   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #28

So, after playing it for a little while, the game play needs some sort of point. Right now it's a endless death match of rockets. Some people might want that, who knows. I think it should be you die, you wait to spawn next round. This could be done by this mod because it only loads up on maps that have the correct entities in them so it shouldn't brake other game modes?

How rockets home in, right now they currently go for the closest target, and if that target gets to far back and there is another closer it changes to the closer one. That is alright but really doesn't let everyone in the game play if there a couple of people just standing at the ledge. I saw both teams just standing on front lines because they wanted to air blast stuff.

I think it should be changed so that once rockets spawn, they choose a target, and only home in to that target and don't change target unless the original target dies.

Could probably make some sort of sequence that it doesn't target someone who's just been targeted or just go down the player list and choose the next one every time a new rocket spawns.

Overall, pretty fun, you give a lot of options to change to create different styles of game play for dodge ball. Now, figuring out what is the best style is going to be the hard part!
Old 05-17-2010 , 15:59   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #29

maybe something like... Elimination Dodgeball. If you die from a reflection from another player you stay dead till they die.. then you respawn. If you die from a spawned dodgeball, I suppose it can go either way you stay dead.. or you respawn after a certain point.
The first team to eliminate the entire other team, wins.
aRcTiC
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-17-2010 , 17:49   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #30

alinayg the reason it only homes in on the closet target and not lock on to the first one it spots is because its based off the sidewinder extension for the SG but im sure it can be edited to do what you want with maybe some added cvars to change it back and forth, though yea how about a neutral rocket being spawned in the center that randomly choose a target, but i bet ideas are kind of breaching what voogru implemented on his server already