Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?

Post New Thread Reply   

yuppicide
Old 10-22-2014 , 23:01   Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?
Reply With Quote #1

I run a course server. I'm trying to squash a few bugs.

So, first one.. maps with moving things don't behave like they do on another server. Not sure what I need to look at.

For example this map:

Acrophobia Run V1
http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/171627

For example, stuff that spins like a fan blade doesn't move as fast. There's a part where this piece goes up and down and if you're on top of it you'll get crushed by the ceiling. On my server this doesn't go down far enough or up far enough. Lastly, there's a spot with little platforms that go up and down. They dip in the water and you die. Mine don't go down far enough and you can stand on them the whole time without dying.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. It's driving me crazy!
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 10-22-2014 , 23:23   Re: Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?
Reply With Quote #2

Did you try asking the other server's admin? Entities can be altered in the Stripper: Source extension.

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-22-2014 at 23:23.
yuppicide
Old 10-23-2014 , 00:17   Re: Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?
Reply With Quote #3

I figured it out on my own.. can't run at 100 tick.. has to be 64 tick..

But anyway, I wouldn't ask the other server owner.. he probably won't answer.. because my server is almost like his.. pretty much mine is the same except a few more features and I don't charge anyone for admin or VIP features like he does. My server is totally free.
musosoft
Old 10-23-2014 , 04:12   Re: Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?
Reply With Quote #4

100tick in csgo? it should be 64 or 128, to fix some problems you can use https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=892090
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-23-2014 , 09:20   Re: Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?
Reply With Quote #5

Unrelated side note: Issues like this one are why most Valve games now lock the tickrate (66 in CS:S, DoD:S, and TF2. 30 in L4D and L4D2).
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-25-2014 , 16:59   Re: Maps don't behave on my server like they do on another?
Reply With Quote #6

102.4 tick also works