Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Module: GeoIP+ (v1.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-19-2013 , 04:58   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikdas95 View Post
Oh u r predicting things dat i do... It's certainly a bug..... I get it dat ham is not meant only for alive objects..... Its probably the game's way of understanding client connecting situation as spawned and client putinserver as not yet spawned..... I know how both the functions work.... These bugs do irritate coz directly on checking for mistake the fault goes to the code.... One has to properly check each function coz their description is not enough to define the function.... Right? It depends on how the game work corresponding to the functions...
Not sure what you're trying to say... It's kind of hard to understand what you're saying, but what I can say is there is no bug. These functions are virtual functions and Ham just hooks them when they are called. Spawn() being called on first spawn (connection) has it's purpose. It's the scripter's job to learn what does the game and why, if he wants to make a proper plugin.

Last edited by Arkshine; 06-19-2013 at 04:59.
souvikdas95
Old 06-19-2013 , 05:58   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Not sure what you're trying to say... It's kind of hard to understand what you're saying, but what I can say is there is no bug. These functions are virtual functions and Ham just hooks them when they are called. Spawn() being called on first spawn (connection) has it's purpose. It's the scripter's job to learn what does the game and why, if he wants to make a proper plugin.
exactly!!
souvikdas95
Old 06-20-2013 , 08:07   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #133

Bro... something really strange is happening... When I don't use GeoIP extended for city, region and country, the server never crashes... but as soon as I am using it, server is crashed after irregular amount of time... when i see logs... it's clear... no error or reason for crash... I checked it a lot but I seem to find no sollution to it but an assumption that some1 is using some fake IP software to come to the server and whenever the plugins reads that IP it returns some error internally which is not visible ... I don't know what detail to provide... Please tell me what I can do to get rid of it... Please see the previous post I have posted the plugin....
Arkshine
Old 06-21-2013 , 08:10   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #134

Log value returned by natives ( city, region, etc.. ) and when it crashes, check the log. If you don't see output, it would mean it has crashed in a native.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22
LordOfNothing
This message has been deleted by ConnorMcLeod. Reason: troll, or posting random confusing code, or posting for posts count
T-z3P
Old 10-19-2013 , 19:08   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #135

Hey, can you make this module compatible with the last version of AMXX ? I get segmentation fault. When I use the standard module from 1.8.2 package, everything is working fine, but I can't use plugins that use geoip_city function (I get << Load fails: Plugin uses an unknown function (name "geoip_city") - check your modules.ini. >>).

Send a message via Yahoo to T-z3P Send a message via Skype™ to T-z3P
Arkshine
Old 10-21-2013 , 00:16   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #136

Make sure you have downloaded GeoLiteCity.dat. If you have this error, it's either the module is not loaded or you're using the default .dat file.
Old 10-21-2013 , 01:02   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #137

Is working now. I didn't payed attention for the .dat file. Thanks.

Send a message via Yahoo to T-z3P Send a message via Skype™ to T-z3P
nikolov
Old 03-19-2014 , 15:59   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #138

Is it possible to change country of some ip. Smth like the IP 123.45.67.8 is from Poland and by plugin i want to change his country to RU (for example) or to add ip's who are not registrated in GeoIP.dat ?
tejask2610
Old 06-06-2014 , 11:26   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #139

I'm new to these things..don't be angry at me...I have done everything which was given in this installation process...but when I type meta list...this module doesn't show...and when I type amx_modules..it shows the module is running...am I doing something wrong please help me??...

Last edited by tejask2610; 06-06-2014 at 11:31.
diamond-optic
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2014 , 11:35   Re: Module: GeoIP Extended (v1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #140

if its showing up in the output of amx_modules or amxx modules, then its working