Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2020 , 01:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #301

Just double checked. None of signatures provided in original plugin is changed.
I also don't have any problems in Last Stand using my fork.
This is something on your end causing perhaps overwriting wrong memory or so, causing crash on first call to that function.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-29-2020 , 02:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #302

Why 1.8? SM 1.10 has bunch of fixes and new features. Doesn't matter how many plugins use "OnPlayerRunCmd" or any other functions identical, that's just scratching for and pushing blame on unrelated plugins/issues. Install Accelerator Extension to get more info on crash. I suspect the SM gamedata might be downgrading on versions < 1.10 I don't know but 1.10 is the only one which will upgrade to latest SM gamedata (although it doesn't seem to update before the server crashes in my experience). You would have to manually update. You could set to read only after updating gamedata but that's terrible idea/advice just because people are scared to update to 1.10. Really only a handful of people with private extensions that are only compiled for older versions have an excuse not to upgrade, even then they should have source and be able to recompile for themselves. I just don't understand some people/servers.

Again, this plugin is working fine for me and others and not temperamentally so you have other issues you must investigate. Remove half plugins and test, if it's fine restore half or remove half again and repeat until you find what's causing issues.
Old 09-29-2020 , 17:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Why 1.8? SM 1.10 has bunch of fixes and new features. Doesn't matter how many plugins use "OnPlayerRunCmd" or any other functions identical, that's just scratching for and pushing blame on unrelated plugins/issues. Install Accelerator Extension to get more info on crash. I suspect the SM gamedata might be downgrading on versions < 1.10 I don't know but 1.10 is the only one which will upgrade to latest SM gamedata (although it doesn't seem to update before the server crashes in my experience). You would have to manually update. You could set to read only after updating gamedata but that's terrible idea/advice just because people are scared to update to 1.10. Really only a handful of people with private extensions that are only compiled for older versions have an excuse not to upgrade, even then they should have source and be able to recompile for themselves. I just don't understand some people/servers.

Again, this plugin is working fine for me and others and not temperamentally so you have other issues you must investigate. Remove half plugins and test, if it's fine restore half or remove half again and repeat until you find what's causing issues.
The plugin mentioned earlier I did it myself, and it worked fine. I'm not blaming the plugins, and also, I knew that the new Left 4 Dead 2 update was going to cause problems with the servers, especially with those that use compilations of sourcemod 1.7 and 1.8, I just thought it wouldn't affect us as much .
Also if I was planning to update to SM 1.0 this year but now I will be forced if I do not find another solution.

Thanks for recommending Accelerator extension. I'm going to check what is the problem I have on my server with that. And thanks for confirming that the plugin "l4d_sm_respawn" s still working. The signatures are not the problem.

Greetings.
canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 02-25-2021 , 22:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #304

someone gonna update the 1st post with the correct gamedata file otherwise can not use this plugin
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2021 , 01:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #305

Original author isn't around anymore so even if the gamedate does get updated it won't be on first page.

Last edited by Spirit_12; 02-27-2021 at 16:32.
canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 02-27-2021 , 04:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #306

so which post contains the correct gamedata? cause mine is begging for correct gamedata
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2021 , 16:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #307

I can take a look if you can provide the following.
  • Name of the function
  • Platform: Windows or Linux
Old 02-27-2021 , 19:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #308

The gamedata in the first post is still up to date. I already verified on IDA. Plus, they're the same signatures that Mutant Tanks and Left 4 DHooks Direct use, and neither of those plugins return any errors about outdated signatures on their latest versions.
Old 02-28-2021 , 02:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #309

L 02/22/2021 - 02:06:53: [SM] Exception reported: Failed to find signature: RoundRespawn
L 02/22/2021 - 02:06:53: [SM] Blaming: disabled/admin/l4d_sm_respawn.smx
L 02/22/2021 - 02:06:53: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 02/22/2021 - 02:06:53: [SM] [0] SetFailState
L 02/22/2021 - 02:06:53: [SM] [1] Line 103, H:\_To_games\Left4Dead_2\My_mods\Admin-Security\Respawn\l4d_sm_respawn\scripting\l4d _sm_respawn.sp::OnPluginStart
L 02/22/2021 - 02:09:17: [SM] Exception reported: Failed to load "RoundRespawn_Offset" offset.
L 02/22/2021 - 02:09:17: [SM] Blaming: disabled/admin/l4d_sm_respawn.smx
L 02/22/2021 - 02:09:17: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 02/22/2021 - 02:09:17: [SM] [0] SetFailState
L 02/22/2021 - 02:09:17: [SM] [1] Line 112, H:\_To_games\Left4Dead_2\My_mods\Admin-Security\Respawn\l4d_sm_respawn\scripting\l4d _sm_respawn.sp::OnPluginStart
L 02/22/2021 - 02:095: [SM] Exception reported: Invalid convar handle 1b701b3 (error 3)
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2021 , 04:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] SM Respawn command
Reply With Quote #310

You're confusing this plugin with Dragokas' version, which is the one you seem to be using. This original version doesn't use "RoundRespawn_Offset" in the gamedata.

Dragokas' version

If you were using this plugin, you would get these messages instead:

"L4D_SM_Respawn: RoundRespawn Signature broken"
"L4D_SM_Respawn: BecomeGhost Signature broken"
"L4D_SM_Respawn: State_Transition Signature broken"

Dragokas' version shows these messages:

"Failed to find signature: RoundRespawn"
"Failed to create SDKCall: RoundRespawn"
"Failed to load \"RoundRespawn_Offset\" offset."
"Failed to load \"RoundRespawn_Byte\" byte."
"Failed to load \"RoundRespawn\" address."
"Failed to load, byte mis-match @ %d (0x%02X != 0x%02X)"
"Failed to find signature: BecomeGhost"
"Failed to create SDKCall: BecomeGhost"
"Failed to find signature: State_Transition"
"Failed to create SDKCall: State_Transition"

In any case, both versions still have up-to-date gamedata. Either you're using a modified gamedata or some other plugin is doing something like detouring the RoundRespawn function with different signatures, but I'm not entirely sure if that would even cause an issue like yours.