Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Treatment of posters

Post New Thread Reply   

Traveler0612
Old 03-09-2004 , 11:59   Treatment of posters
Reply With Quote #1

I realize this post is most likely off topic, and in the wrong area. I would like it to have as much readership and discussion as possible.

I have seen a lot of hostile posting and response on several boards I am a member of. The AMX forums have been this way as well. It takes as much time to say 'Please post this in the right area next time' and move it to the right area, as it does to be rude. I see many first responses to a question being :
Quote:
lmfao. You should post this at off topic/
Quote:
Yes , non CS user ! be quiet ! Don't create metamod / amx patches ! Don't tell me you can't wait for amx / metamod update ! They works for CS so don't tell me that something is wrong with them !

Don't reply to this post or I will kill you !!
It seems like a post like that should be deleted immediately and the user warned, or even banned.

If a person has these kind of issues, they need to get professional help. I can see no value in allowing them to kill a community.

It would be great to see this forum get a fresh start along with the code it supports.

Thank you for your hard work.
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-09-2004 , 19:31  
Reply With Quote #2

Cheers to You!!

I agree, but otherwise never would have have said anything cuz' I just tend to ignore such posting, but it is kinda like the litter on our streets.. gets annoying after a while!!

I like the idea of trying to keep this community 'litter free' !!!
Send a message via MSN to xeroblood
BAILOPAN
Old 03-09-2004 , 20:10  
Reply With Quote #3

Ya, this is off-topic. Personally, if the problem doesn't exist, there's no reason to bring it up.

I usually hang out in forums that are topic-specific, so as this community grows, you will almost never see me posting in anything other than code related threads.

Unlike amxmod.net, we're not gonna make people moderators because they have sixteen billion posts. People will get moderators if we think they are effective at being good "police"... i.e. they know when something is Flamebait and should be deleted. This only applies to topic-specific forums, not General/Off-Topic.
Old 03-09-2004 , 21:12   True
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
Ya, this is off-topic. Personally, if the problem doesn't exist, there's no reason to bring it up.

I usually hang out in forums that are topic-specific, so as this community grows, you will almost never see me posting in anything other than code related threads.

Unlike amxmod.net, we're not gonna make people moderators because they have sixteen billion posts. People will get moderators if we think they are effective at being good "police"... i.e. they know when something is Flamebait and should be deleted. This only applies to topic-specific forums, not General/Off-Topic.
Nice Post Bailopan...

Growth is good but needs police lol...
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot