Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Bounty Hunter

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Gameplay        Approver:   Exolent[jNr] (178)
moosewanted
Old 05-09-2009 , 18:43   Bounty Hunter
Reply With Quote #1

Bounty Hunter

This plugin is now finished. It was never designed to have any significant impact on normal counter strike gameplay but just as a added extra to killing a specific person.

This is a minor mod to the gameplay of counter-strike designed to be used while playing normal counter-strike.

When the round starts, a criminal and a hunter is selected. The criminal is wanted for a certain amount of money(bounty). The criminal goes on playing counter-strike as normal. The hunter can go on playing with counter-strike as normal but if they meet the criminal and kill the criminal they get some extra money. These are the basics of Bounty Hunter.

The bounty on the criminal increases as they kill more people.
If the hunter dies, a new hunter is selected on the start of the next round.
If the criminal is killed by someone else(not the hunter) then next round a new criminal selected.
If the hunter kills the criminal, they recieve money and a new bounty is selected on the next new round.

The criminal glows red
The hunter glows blue

I am currently aware that a Bounty Hunter plugin already exists and it is approved. I only found this out about 3/4's of the way through coding this plugin so I thought I may aswell finish it.

Commands & CVARS
  • amx_bh_restart - restarts bounty hunter(selects a new hunter + criminal)
  • amx_bh_state - 1 turns Bounty Hunter on, 0 turns Bounty Hunter off
  • amx_bh_min - specifies the number of players required for Bounter Hunter to start running(minimum 2)
  • amx_bh_disable_msgs - 0 = not disabled, 1 = disabled (There are not enough players to play Bounty Hunter, you need at least %i players)
  • amx_bh_glow - 1 = on, 0 = off
  • amx_bh_startbounty - specifies the starting reward money for killing the criminal
  • amx_bh_inc - specifies the amount by which the bounty increases when the criminal kills someone
  • amx_bh_surv - specifies the amount by which the bounty increases when the criminal survives a round

Change log:
v1.0 - Changed some rendering - Changed again
v1.1 - Fixed rendering + setting hunter/criminal
v1.2 - Added detection of hunter/bounty disconnecting
v1.3 - Added bad-cop / criminal alternatives when your CT or T

Credits:

VEN - properly detecting round start - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=42159

Thanks for reading. I do intend to add more features. If you have any ideas of your own feel free to post them.

#moosewanted <3

Note: as far as I'm aware this plugin does work. I have not tested the most up-to-date version yet as it's difficult to obtain people for testing, but I have not made any major changes to the code since the last test.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (bountyhunter.sma - 2648 views - 7.0 KB)

Last edited by moosewanted; 05-10-2009 at 13:14.