Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

top 10 pub plugs? .. christmas is coming!

Post New Thread Reply   

lobstah
Old 10-08-2004 , 19:18   top 10 pub plugs? .. christmas is coming!
Reply With Quote #1

1. mapcycle/cfg management: days of the week and time of day combined for up to 21 map cycles/cfgs in all. 3 a day per day. ( maybe even add users.ini days of the week as well so certian ppl cant vote some days and can others)
2. atac
3. custom maps cfg
4. afk kicker
5. gag option + deadchat and it all wrks toghethr w/ on off cvars for deadchat
6. custom model replacement plug (like the mosh plugin)
7. the all in one punishments (like idiot and rocket and fire)
8. ptb
9. aim menu and admin menus
10. Chicken Mod!!

** MY top 10 pub plugs seemed selfish so i edited out the "My" in title
Send a message via MSN to lobstah
KoD|Morpheus
Old 10-09-2004 , 08:11  
Reply With Quote #2

I think most of those plugins are a given. But PTB might not have been thought of. That would be a great plugin to see made for sourcemod. I use it currently on my CZ server and it works wonders.
Knights of Destruction Source Server 66.199.182.138:27015 -=Currently Online
Hosted by wpgamehosting.com
Send a message via MSN to KoD|Morpheus
[FuzionMonkey]
Old 10-09-2004 , 10:52  
Reply With Quote #3

entmod
jedi force grab
and have

godmode
noclip
slap
slay
kick
ban
unban
slayteam
slapteam
teleport
stack
gravity
personal gravity
team gravity
personal invisibility
team invis
server invis
personal speed
team speed
server speed
K2
Old 10-09-2004 , 20:00  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD|Morpheus
I think most of those plugins are a given. But PTB might not have been thought of. That would be a great plugin to see made for sourcemod. I use it currently on my CZ server and it works wonders.
Forgive me for asking what may seem obvious... I have been outta the loop for awhile.

What exactly is PTB?
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-09-2004 , 21:53  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2
Forgive me for asking what may seem obvious... I have been outta the loop for awhile.

What exactly is PTB?
PTB is Ptahhotep's Team Balancer. It's an advanced team balancing plugin for CS/CZ that was originally written for Admin Mod, but it's since been converted to AMX/AMXX as well. It balances the teams based on player and team stats. (i.e. if the losing team is smaller than the winning team, it will take a player from the winning team and put him/her on the losing team to try to balance things out). It also detects and handles team win streaks and takes that into account. There's many options in it.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2004 , 06:16  
Reply With Quote #6

I never really liked PTB, but that's just me. Why can't the one team be better than the other? The worse team has a chance to learn something by fighting against a stronger foe. IMO it's much more fun to be on the worse team.

You fight like a dairy farmer!
lobstah
Old 10-10-2004 , 09:58  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
I never really liked PTB, but that's just me. Why can't the one team be better than the other? The worse team has a chance to learn something by fighting against a stronger foe. IMO it's much more fun to be on the worse team.

You fight like a dairy farmer!
It makes for a better pub, in our case....it forces guys to play together, stops stat whoring to a degree, it usually happens to move admins from side to side which helps admining, allows me to NOT try and even up the teams and run wild with a mac10 form time to time, and makes me feel less like a nanny diplomat and more like Im having fun....even if its a bit silly.

I agree with you, but at 12+ players and stats in and out of game the whores team up and destroy the flow....worse in some cases than PTB does. PTB beats the normal team balance cause I can actually make it start at 13 people. I often find myself cursing PTB out and condeming it to hell, but before I was doing the same thing to whorish regs and whats worse, so were my drunken buds...dama blows. I'd rather blame PTB.
Send a message via MSN to lobstah
Kamikizzle
Old 10-10-2004 , 11:32  
Reply With Quote #8

i dunno if this is this plugin, but i saw a plugin on a 24/7 scoutz customs that i would really like to see....it would look for "valid target(s)" on each team, and then if it found 2, it would switch them...kinda makin the 1337 have to move around the teams....
K2
Old 10-10-2004 , 11:32  
Reply With Quote #9

Thx for the explanation. I can see PTB being a good tool to use, but could also be abused. Personally if I were to use it, I'd set it conservatively, and have it kick in only if the teams were extremely unbalanced.

It's one of those plugins I'd have my regulars vote on.