Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Better Survivor Bot Healing Management

Post New Thread Reply   

czhilli
Old 08-20-2019 , 07:15   [L4D2] Better Survivor Bot Healing Management
Reply With Quote #1

I am primarily playing L4D2 in single player with bots on Advanced and Expert and sometimes using realism. A major frustration is bot decision making as when to use healing items on themselves and other survivors. These ideas may be of interest to anyone who plays with a bot on their team. I would like the bots to use healing items more like how a human would. I would also like human players to have more influence over when bots use items, such as prior to starting a crescendo event.

I would be really interested a mod that allows configuration/management of such things as:
  • use health packs on self only when in black and white
  • use health packs on others only when they are in black and white
  • do not heal in safe room and allow human players to manage healing
  • use pills/adrenaline only at < 40 health (configurable) unless other survivors have less health in which case give to that survivor
  • allow human players to force use of pills/adrenaline using some mechanism such as human player tries to give pills/adrenaline to bot already holding them (perhaps twice in quick succession to avoid accidental targeting)
  • prioritise health pack use over pills/adrenaline when black and white
  • even if black and white prioritise pills/adrenaline use over health packs when not in close proximity to other survivors
  • even if black and white prioritise pills/adrenaline over health packs when in combat
  • improved prioritisation of pills/adrenaline exchange amongst survivors

There may be some other useful adjustments and ideas that I haven’t thought of.

I am using Silver’s Gear Transfer mod and ideas such as “no healing in the safe room” take into account that bots will transfer health packs to humans that don’t have them.

I have searched for mods that address these issues without success, but do let me know if there any out there that do some of this already.

Thanks!