Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

i9 9900k testing

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2019 , 12:41   Re: i9 9900k testing
Reply With Quote #11

People need to really stop stating that one OS or distro is better, because each machine is different and will give different results. If you want to use Linux, you will need to make adjustments just as you would make adjustments in Windows for better results.

Both Windows and Linux can use another thread for networking, which is what I linked to above. That's why your CPU usage went up from 108.8% from 102.4%. Another link to the same thing.

I don't see the issue, you are stress testing it with bots and those results are great for 128 tick with 24bots or more. You won't even be close to seeing that high a var with real players.
Sincronic
Old 08-01-2019 , 11:21   Re: i9 9900k testing
Reply With Quote #12

Hyper-Threading Technology and enhanced multi core performance disabled ?

I have problems with FPS drop. And something strange, I am on my respawn server playing with boots on dust2, having like 150-200 fps, var and sv is low and after I press TAB to see the score the fps drops to 40-60 and the game is moving in frames.
On my arena server over 14 players, is starting to move in pictures/frames.. the image is not any more smoothly like with 10 players. And my sv and var is low.. cpu is like 20%
On the retake server with 9-10 players fps drops to 70-100 and sometimes drops to 10-20 fps.
All servers are running at 128tick

Did someone faced with this ?
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2019 , 15:31   Re: i9 9900k testing
Reply With Quote #13

Is this in regards to all servers or just your servers?

It has been known that pressing TAB will cause FPS drop and has only increased in issues since the move to Panorama. This doesn't mean that all users have this issue; however, I do know that it was a point of contention at several LAN events I have gone to that brought this discussion up.

If this is just in regards to your server, I can't say specifically what would be causing that. Generally if you're demanding too high an FPS and your rates to and from the server are not ideal, this issue could occur. I would suggest changing your own client command rates and the server rates. Also, if they are already changed, try using the default values.
Sincronic
Old 08-02-2019 , 07:23   Re: i9 9900k testing
Reply With Quote #14

I found the problem !!

I have RankMe + lvlranks and levelsrank has a component called "fake_ranks", when u press tab it will show u the ranks like on wingman's. So I disabled the component and all my server runs smooth now!!

An I made some test with the cpu overclocked at 5Ghz, Hyper-Threading Technology and enhanced multi core performance , 32 boots, 128 tickrate, sv_parallel_sendsnapshot 1, sv_parallel_packentities 1 sv_occlude_players 0, using like 116.4 maximum from thread and works like charm.

I will paste my server.cfg config.

Quote:
ip 86.122.58.153

// Host Name

hostname "***[ARENA.ELEAGUE.RO]***128TICK,1vs1,!shop,!ws,!knife,!gloves-www.eLeague.ro"

sv_password ""

//RCON PASS

rcon_password "*****"

// 128 tick
sv_maxrate "0"
sv_minrate "196608"
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate "128"
sv_mincmdrate "128"
sv_minupdaterate "128"
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate "128"

//HOST NAME
host_name_store 1
host_info_show 2
host_players_show 2
sv_lan 0
sv_cheats 0

//HOST ONLINE
sv_hibernate_ms "0"
sv_hibernate_ms_vgui "0"

//MULTICORE

sv_parallel_sendsnapshot 1
sv_parallel_packentities 1
sv_occlude_players 0

//Setari Pentru Accelerator Download

sv_downloadurl "http://eleague.ro/fastdl/arena"
sv_allowdownload "1"

// Server Settings

sv_cheats 0
sv_lan 0
sv_visiblemaxplayers 40
sv_pure 0

// Server TAGS

sv_tags "arena,gloves, glove, !glove, !glovessteam,gamma2,gammacase2,!ws,!knife,exp ert,1vs1,1v1,competitive,top5,128tick,premi,s team,non,non-steam,nonsteam,nosteam,deathmatch,arms,phoeni x,sourcebans,deal,bravo,dm,vanguard,free,hlxs tats,stats,casual,respawn,surf,eu,europe,us,u sa,csgo,states,dust,dust2,romania,ro,romanian ,poland,ukraine,russia,russian,biceps,sex,bes t,top,professional"

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-02-2019 , 13:30   Re: i9 9900k testing
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks for letting us know what was causing your issue and how you resolve it.

Just for an FYI, you do not need to set the sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate "128". This is done automatically when you set the tickrate to 128, you can verify like I have done by removing them and checking their values in console. Additionally, you don't need sm_cvar for sv_maxupdaterate, it can be adjusted without sm_cvar.

Great to hear you were able to get your server working the way you wanted with only having to adjust it. It's good to see Linux also recently got additional thread support for logging. "Game server logs on Linux are now using a separate thread to write the data to filesystem which improves performance of the game server main thread."