Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Bad Camper 1.4.239

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 11:29  
Reply With Quote #101

You don't literally mean /gamemod/sounds/misc, do you? It should be, if you play CS 1.6 for instance, /cstrike/sounds/misc.
redParadise
Old 01-02-2006 , 11:49  
Reply With Quote #102

I have an CS 1.6 Linux server. The snore.wav is in the "/cstrike/sound/misc" folder.
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 12:04  
Reply With Quote #103

The Server is running SuSE Linux 10.0 and the "badfunktion" error is displayed when I type "meta list" into the console.

I found this on the bugblatter-page, I guess you have this version from there...

Quote:
Using the Monster library on Linux

The monster_mm.i386.so file is compiled with GCC version 3. Therefore you will need have version 3 of libstdc++ on your linux machine to load the monster plugin. Check your log file at the point Metamod loads for messages about this library being missing. You can also type "meta list" in the server console. If the status of the monster plugin is "badf" this is probably the cause.

If you do not have this file, you can download it from the GCC site. I used version 3.0.4 although newer versions should work. Alternatively you can download the source and compile it yourself on GCC version 2.9x.
Could it be a problem that my system is running on SuSE 10.0 with libstdc++ v4.0.2_20050901-3? Unfortunatly I have no knowledge of this compiling stuff so I can't try it myself...

Cheers,
Curry
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 12:24  
Reply With Quote #104

@redParadise:

Do these three things:
  1. Go on your server, camp until 100% with the snore punishment on. Then look at your most recent AMXX log and see if there are any errors reported. If there are, please copy and paste them here.
  2. Check the value of sv_allowdownload on the server. It should be set to 1. It's defined in server.cfg.
  3. Ensure cl_allowdownload "1" is in YOUR config.cfg file located within YOUR gamemod (i.e. cstrike) directory.
jsauce
Old 01-02-2006 , 12:33  
Reply With Quote #105

CurryKing you could try like I did creating a symlink to the other library file and hope it works, in my case it wasn't really working for me already so I didn't see it improve anything but it might work for you.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 12:37  
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryking
Could it be a problem that my system is running on SuSE 10.0 with libstdc++ v4.0.2_20050901-3?
Entirely possible. I know very little about Linux and certainly nothing about compiling for Linux, so I can't help you out there either.

Tell you what, how about if I add an option that essentially allows you to use the 3.0 version of MonsterMod? You would lose the following two features:
  1. Snarks only target the camping player. They won't purposely attack anyone else.
  2. If any Snarks are alive at the end of the round, they will all be slain.
You'd have, instead of the previous features, the following:
  1. Snarks will spawn near the camping player and will most likely direct their initial attack towards that player. They will also attack any other players standing nearby.
  2. If any Snarks are alive at the end of the round, they will continue living into the next round until such time that they've died of natural causes or have been killed by a player.
What are your thoughts about this?
redParadise
Old 01-02-2006 , 17:43  
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
@redParadise:

Do these three things:
  1. Go on your server, camp until 100% with the snore punishment on. Then look at your most recent AMXX log and see if there are any errors reported. If there are, please copy and paste them here.
  2. Check the value of sv_allowdownload on the server. It should be set to 1. It's defined in server.cfg.
  3. Ensure cl_allowdownload "1" is in YOUR config.cfg file located within YOUR gamemod (i.e. cstrike) directory.
Thank you, now ist works
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 18:02  
Reply With Quote #108

What did you change to make it work?
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2006 , 03:13  
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
What are your thoughts about this?
Sounds great Brad, this would mean I had the same "monster-punishment" I actually have (unfortunatly I know about the snark behaviour and their attacks of "innocent" gamers), but additive I will get all the other great functions your plugin offers - I think I can live with that ;-)

And many thanks for the work I foist on you

Cheers,
Curry

Although I will try to get 3.01.04 running...
Old 01-05-2006 , 06:32  
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
What did you change to make it work?
sv_allowdownload 1