Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver

Post New Thread Reply   

minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-13-2012 , 16:14   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #11

For the SourceTV2D, it would be great if you could add a delay (Gotten from a convar like tv_delay) so it would delay the stream.
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-15-2012 , 00:38   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #12

Peace-Maker
This is very slick

el_psycho
Old 04-16-2012 , 09:51   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #13

OMG this is awesome! Please tell me it works with L4D2.
smithy
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-04-2012 , 04:24   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #14

Thanks for this very much appreciated

Any chance you could add some color to the message that is displayed to the server when using websocket_test , i have tried myself to no avail , also are you planning on releasing the sourcetv 2d at all in the future looks like an excellent tool

Best regards

smithy
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2012 , 09:36   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #15

Nice work, i assume adding a log_addr like hlsw is doing is causing too much overhead too. (but doesn't use a plugin) i tried the website and tried to connect but i never seem to be clicking when its online. Would like to see the live version.
Old 05-04-2012 , 12:04   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #16

This is fantastic. Any chance of getting hold of the SourceTV2D plugin?
Moulijin
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-08-2012 , 12:34   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfrog View Post
This is fantastic. Any chance of getting hold of the SourceTV2D plugin?
^
Moulijin
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2012 , 22:40   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #18

Can anyone help me with adding live chat? Thanks
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2012 , 14:40   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #19

Small feature request: any:data for Websocket_HookChild and its callbacks would be superb.

Edit: Also: another callback for Websocket_HookChild when the ReadyState changes to open would make things easier (e.g. to send a welcome message to the client).
Edit 2: More feature requests Would be nice to be able to register a Subprotocol while opening a WebSocket with Websocket_Open

Last edited by Thrawn2; 06-03-2012 at 05:36.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-03-2012 , 15:40   Re: [DEV] WebSocket Server - Direct connection between webbrowser and gameserver
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn2 View Post
Small feature request: any:data for Websocket_HookChild and its callbacks would be superb.

Edit: Also: another callback for Websocket_HookChild when the ReadyState changes to open would make things easier (e.g. to send a welcome message to the client).
Edit 2: More feature requests Would be nice to be able to register a Subprotocol while opening a WebSocket with Websocket_Open
Good ideas, but not as easy and quick to implement as i first thought. Once a childsocket connects to a master socket, a private forward is created and each call to HookChild just adds the plugin's callbacks to the forwards, so it's currently not possible to have different parameters pushed to each plugin.
Having multiple plugins using the same ip:port combo to create their websocket looks like a stupid idea right now.. Why not just error out saying that combo is already in use? I did have a good reason for that back then - can't remember....