Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

tObIwAnKeNoBi
Old 07-19-2009 , 04:21   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #101

Hi an thx for this great Plugin.

Is there a way to put more nades on he level, like this one for GunGame5? http://forums.gungame5.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=265

It would be great. This is the only thing were miss in this plugin.

Greetz...
Send a message via ICQ to tObIwAnKeNoBi
altex
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2009 , 04:25   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timiditas View Post
, is there an option (cvar?) that makes the new weapon in turbo mode INSTANTLY available?
What did you mean? How could turbo mode make new weapon available NOT instantly?
Old 07-19-2009 , 04:26   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by tObIwAnKeNoBi View Post
Hi an thx for this great Plugin.

Is there a way to put more nades on he level, like this one for GunGame5? http://forums.gungame5.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=265

It would be great. This is the only thing were miss in this plugin.

Greetz...
Sorry, not available yet.
For now you can give extra weapon, or you can give unimited nades, or you can give extra nade for kill.

Last edited by altex; 07-19-2009 at 08:04.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2009 , 18:36   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #104

Can you give me an example how to write multiple winner sound in the config?

We tired but it diddn't worked , and i think it beacues how we wrote it in.
Timiditas
Old 07-19-2009 , 18:42   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
What did you mean? How could turbo mode make new weapon available NOT instantly?
Well what I mean is, some Gungame servers have it so while turbo mode is switched on, and you raise a level and get the new gun, you can fire with the new gun instantly, without the normal weapon switch delay of half a second, that it would take the player to grab his new gun.

altex
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2009 , 18:56   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
Can you give me an example how to write multiple winner sound in the config?

We tired but it diddn't worked , and i think it beacues how we wrote it in.
"Winner" "gungame/bombtrack.mp3,gungame/wakeup.mp3,gungame/stand_alone.mp3,gungame/matrixwin1.mp3,gungame/clickboom.mp3,gungame/dontstay.mp3,gungame/numb.mp3,gungame/ahaaha.wav,gungame/awp.mp3,gungame/gg_win_rancid.mp3,gungame/oneandonly.mp3,gungame/bepa2.mp3,gungame/fmrn.mp3"
Old 07-19-2009 , 18:57   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timiditas View Post
Well what I mean is, some Gungame servers have it so while turbo mode is switched on, and you raise a level and get the new gun, you can fire with the new gun instantly, without the normal weapon switch delay of half a second, that it would take the player to grab his new gun.
i realy can not understand what do you mean.
can you record a demo to show what do you talking about?
or maybe the easy steps to reproduce this behaviour?
Old 07-19-2009 , 19:59   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
i realy can not understand what do you mean.
can you record a demo to show what do you talking about?
or maybe the easy steps to reproduce this behaviour?
I tried a quick shot at it and connected to various gungame servers in the search of the feature I mean, to record a demo. But couldn't find one.

I never saw that particular feature myself, I was only told it exists on other servers. But I know what they mean.
You can reproduce it by giving yourself a grenade in the code, while you are using a knife. If you do that, the whole weapon switch animation is skipped (the *raising up fist with grenade in hand*). But instead, your hand with the grenade in it just instantly pops up in front of you, and you can throw it right away.

I found something that could be interesting, regarding this.
Quote:
i'm no expert but from messing around i found that in css when the server changes map a timer starts in seconds, most actions are relative to this timer. when you shoot, the game checks the current time, adds the delay and stores it in a variable in that weapons data. every time you fire the game checks this value against the current time to check whether to fire the weapon or not. e.g if you fire at time 10 and the game adds a 2.5 second delay, you can't fire until time 12.5.

its the same for weapon switching, when you can fire next is stored in a variable in your player data. by checking when you can fire next against the time you switched weapon you can find out how long the delay is. in tf2 i cant get the current time correctly so i get messed up results with my code. in css you can use eventscript tools that has a command for finding the current time, it doesn't work with the orange box though.
Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...4&postcount=12

Summary:
Basically, we need an option to reduce the delay between two shots to normal values, if gungame is giving a player a new weapon in turbo mode. (Skipping the weapon switching animation)

altex
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2009 , 21:05   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #109

I understand now, thanks! I'll check it out.
Old 07-19-2009 , 21:18   Re: GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #110

You know, I just remembered seeing someone doing exactly that during a normal game. He was out of ammo and switched weapons, and I could clearly see and hear his weapon already firing way before it was fully equipped. It looked like he was firing into the air but the bullets were aiming towards his enemy.
When cheaters can do that, there *must* be a way for a plugin to accomplish this for all players.