Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Crash on Unload When Hooking Commands

Post New Thread Reply   

showdax
Old 10-14-2005 , 21:44   Crash on Unload When Hooking Commands
Reply With Quote #1

First thing's first. I've written a ConCommand hook class similar to PM's say hook. It's generic though, and you specify the ConCommand you want to hook in the constructor, and pass your dispatch function to the constructor as a function pointer.

This is what the class definition looks like:
Code:
typedef void (*DispatchFunction)(ConCommand *command, int client);

class ConCommandHook: public ConCommand
{
        friend class CServerPluginAdmin;
        const char *name;
        ConCommand *command;
        DispatchFunction CustomDispatch;
        bool isHooked;
        static int clientIndex;
public:
        ConCommandHook(const char *name, const char *description, DispatchFunction customDispatch):
        ConCommand(name, NULL, description, FCVAR_GAMEDLL), command(NULL)
        {
                this->isHooked = false;
                this->name = name;
                this->CustomDispatch = customDispatch;
                this->Init();
        }
        void Init();
        void Dispatch();
        bool IsHooked();
};
Here's how I'm instantiating the objects:
Code:
bool CServerPluginAdmin::Load(PluginId id, ISmmAPI *ismm, factories *list, char *error, size_t maxlen, bool late)
{
// ...
        g_SayHook = new ConCommandHook("say", "Display player message (admin_mm)", (DispatchFunction) g_SayHookDispatch);
        g_SayTeamHook = new ConCommandHook("say_team", "Display player message to team (admin_mm)", (DispatchFunction) g_SayHookDispatch);
// ...
}
And on Unload it calls delete on the objects. When the plugin is unloaded, it segfaults with this:
Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread -1218535296 (LWP 9555)]
0x002a9920 in ConCommandBase::GetNext (this=0x39) at convar.cpp:261
261             return m_pNext;
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb) bt
#0  0x002a9920 in ConCommandBase::GetNext (this=0x39) at convar.cpp:261
#1  0x002aac3e in SMConVarAccessor::Unregister (this=0x2bf04c, pCommand=0xafc900) at concommands.cpp:78
#2  0x002b4380 in SourceMM::CPluginManager::UnregAllConCmds (this=0x2c1270, pl=0x98f98e8) at CPlugin.cpp:501
#3  0x002b3abc in SourceMM::CPluginManager::_Unload (this=0x2c1270, pl=0x98f98e8, force=false, error=0xbfff8330 "", maxlen=254) at CPlugin.cpp:304
#4  0x002b33c7 in SourceMM::CPluginManager::Unload (this=0x2c1270, id=1, force=false, error=0xbfff8330 "", maxlen=254) at CPlugin.cpp:142
Do any of you know what's going on there? If I remove the assignment and deletions, unloading works just fine, so it's definitely that that's causing and nothing else.

Edit: Actually, maybe it'd be better to hook ConCommand::Dispatch() for each convcommand I want. It's virtual after all.
Send a message via MSN to showdax
BAILOPAN
Old 10-14-2005 , 22:20  
Reply With Quote #2

Please try this with the latest CVS. There was a bug fixed earlier today that had to do with cvar unhooking. If it still crashes, try doing it without the hooks in place.
Old 10-14-2005 , 22:32  
Reply With Quote #3

Same problem. It may just be the method I'm using, but I really don't know. Either way I'm probably just going to hook Dispatch instead of any of this other mumbo-jumbo.
showdax
Old 10-15-2005 , 00:25  
Reply With Quote #4

Well I don't think hooking Dispatch is going to help me. It gets triggered, but I can't stop the command from going through. I guess its callback is irrelevant!

Is there any way to make PM's method not mess up stuff on unload though?
BAILOPAN
Old 10-15-2005 , 04:56  
Reply With Quote #5

You RETURN_META(MRES_SUPERCEDE) and it still didn't stop it? I do this in CS:S DM and it works I think.

If you send me source code a plugin that emulates this crash, I'll try to prevent it though.
Old 10-15-2005 , 16:45  
Reply With Quote #6

Actually I was really tired or something and I think I put in RETURN_META(SUPERCEDE) and somehow it still compiled. Either way it seems to work now with that method.

If you're still interested in the version that uses that ConCommandHook class, I can send you a version of stub_mm that uses it. I'm pretty sure it has to be something wrong with the class itself and not sourcemm, but I could be wrong.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-15-2005 , 17:13  
Reply With Quote #7

Sure.