SpriteTrail.h

Post New Thread Reply   

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 01-24-2005 , 18:33   SpriteTrail.h
Reply With Quote #1

Ok in include SpriteTrail.h in my cpp file so i can add something like
Code:
CSpriteTrail::SpriteTrailCreate( "material/sprites/greenglow01.vmt", pPlayer->i.origin, true );
but the thing is when i compile i get all these wiered errors

Code:
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1483) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hMoveParent'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1483) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1494) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hOwnerEntity'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1494) : error C2535: 'int CBaseEntity::CNetworkHandle(CBaseEntity)' : member function already defined or declared
        c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1483) : see declaration of 'CBaseEntity::CNetworkHandle'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1494) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1495) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hEffectEntity'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1495) : error C2535: 'int CBaseEntity::CNetworkHandle(CBaseEntity)' : member function already defined or declared
        c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1483) : see declaration of 'CBaseEntity::CNetworkHandle'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1495) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1514) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hGroundEntity'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1514) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandleInternal': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1733) : error C2065: 'm_hMoveParent' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1733) : error C2228: left of '.Get' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\baseentity_shared.h(104) : error C2065: 'm_hOwnerEntity' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\baseentity_shared.h(104) : error C2228: left of '.Get' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\baseentity_shared.h(109) : error C2065: 'm_hEffectEntity' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\baseentity_shared.h(109) : error C2228: left of '.Get' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseanimating.h(333) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hLightingOrigin'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseanimating.h(333) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseanimating.h(371) : error C2065: 'm_hLightingOrigin' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\baseanimating.h(376) : error C3861: 'm_hLightingOrigin': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\basecombatcharacter.h(406) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hActiveWeapon'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\basecombatcharacter.h(406) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\playernet_vars.h(69) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ent'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\playernet_vars.h(69) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(671) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hVehicle'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(671) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(688) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hObserverTarget'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(688) : error C2535: 'int CBasePlayer::CNetworkHandle(CBaseEntity)' : member function already defined or declared
        c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(671) : see declaration of 'CBasePlayer::CNetworkHandle'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(688) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(824) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hConstraintEntity'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(824) : error C2535: 'int CBasePlayer::CNetworkHandle(CBaseEntity)' : member function already defined or declared
        c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(671) : see declaration of 'CBasePlayer::CNetworkHandle'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(824) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(917) : error C2065: 'm_hVehicle' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(917) : error C2228: left of '.Get' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(923) : error C2228: left of '.Get' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(923) : error C3861: 'm_hVehicle': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(928) : error C2228: left of '.Get' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\dlls\player.h(928) : error C3861: 'm_hVehicle': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\baseviewmodel_shared.h(154) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hOwner'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\baseviewmodel_shared.h(154) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\Sprite.h(237) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'm_hAttachedToEntity'
c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrail\src\game_shared\Sprite.h(237) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
when i comment out SpriteTrail.h from the source it doesnt give me any errors. Am i missing something again?
theqizmo
Old 01-25-2005 , 00:51  
Reply With Quote #2

Ever actually read the errors?

c:\Documents and Settings\Misha\Desktop\programming\Spritetrai l\src\dlls\baseentity.h(1483) : warning C4183: 'CNetworkHandle': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'

if you look in networkvar.h, you'll find:

Code:
#define CNetworkHandle( type, name ) CNetworkHandleInternal( type, name, NetworkStateChanged )

#define CNetworkHandleInternal( type, name, stateChangedFn ) \
		NETWORK_VAR_START( type, name ) \
		NETWORK_VAR_END( type, name, CNetworkHandleBase, stateChangedFn )

// Internal macros used in definitions of network vars.
#define NETWORK_VAR_START( type, name ) \
	class NetworkVar_##name; \
	friend class NetworkVar_##name; \
	typedef ThisClass MakeANetworkVar_##name; \
	class NetworkVar_##name \
	{ \
	public: \
		template <typename T> friend int ServerClassInit(T *);

#define NETWORK_VAR_END( type, name, base, stateChangedFn ) \
	public: \
		static inline void NetworkStateChanged( void *ptr ) \
		{ \
			CHECK_USENETWORKVARS ((ThisClass*)(((char*)ptr) - MyOffsetOf(ThisClass,name)))->stateChangedFn(); \
		} \
	}; \
	base< type, NetworkVar_##name > name;
Yes, you did miss something: you need to make sure that you include all the headers that whatever uses it included.
Send a message via ICQ to theqizmo Send a message via AIM to theqizmo Send a message via MSN to theqizmo
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 01-26-2005 , 02:01  
Reply With Quote #3

yes i understand that but i think im getting the wrong includes because i included all the includes from SpriteTrail.h and all the files in those includes and still getting the errors.

Here is my full sourcecode . So as soon as i add SpriteTrail.h to my file i get like 44 errors

http://tcwonline.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs...Trail/#dirlist