[TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 10/29/2013

Post New Thread Reply   

lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2013 , 18:56   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Yeah, i should be able to use this, i can just make the bubbles pop up above the stones. I assume newlines are supported? It would suck if they arn't

It looks like the annotations are designed to be temporary. They zoom in and then dissapear. They also don't support newlines.
This could mabye be useful for just showing the client's name over the stone when it's spawned though.
i dont think the "Thanks for playing Team Fortress 2" is really needed. i mean its kinda redundant. having a grave marker with the players name over it would be best and make more sense i believe.
Old 05-07-2013 , 19:10   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #12

It's a joke.. there's other lines, that one happens to be reference to King's Quest.
Anyways, the annotations can work, but they'll be best to only pop up once when the thing spawns, and then go away. Constantly teleporting in and such would be annoying.
prom3th3an
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-07-2013 , 21:19   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #13

Awesome Mod, Love it.

A couple of questions however. Would it be possible to make the graves destructible? If so, what code should I change?
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 05-07-2013 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3th3an View Post
Awesome Mod, Love it.

A couple of questions however. Would it be possible to make the graves destructible? If so, what code should I change?
I second this suggestion, it sounds like a great idea.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2013 , 21:58   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3th3an View Post
Awesome Mod, Love it.

You can make them breakable, and just add this after the prop is spawned, somewhere near the end, like after AcceptEntityInput(ent, "DisableMotion")...

PHP Code:
SetEntProp(entProp_Data"m_iHealth"SOMEINTEGERHEALTHVALUE);
SetEntProp(entProp_Data"m_takedamage"21); 
They are nonsolid, so arrows and stuff won't break them. Only explosions. Note that if you make them solid, players will get stuck in them when they are spawned, and I don't have any code to move/nonstick them. That's okay if you make them breakable with low health however. If you want them breakable and solid, you will probably have to change these lines:
PHP Code:
DispatchKeyValue(ent"solid""0"); // SET TO SOLID 6 instead of 0
SetEntProp(entProp_Send"m_CollisionGroup"2); // REMOVE
SetEntProp(entProp_Send"m_usSolidFlags"0);   // REMOVE 

I added the popup events, they seem to work. anyways, you can test it out. It seems to work. I didn't bother with the trace of each player to see if they can see the point directly (it could be blocked by terrain or some minor small things, and it's simpler just to calculate distance. Probably would want to add a second convar for those popup messages anyway, so they only appear to nearby players. I also added some sounds to fool around with. It needs a sound or it'll error, but there's always vo/null.wav to emit nothing.

Newer/test version is there. I'm 95% sure it works. I threw it on my servers to see if it has any stack traces that will pop up, but i tested it a while with a few players. Didn't see any bugs or open handles.

Edit: after running it all night on a full server, there were ~ 8 gamevents open, so i might have to change it to do this:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...7&postcount=49

Not a big deal, I'll just switch the statement to make the bitstring before the event handle. Odd that it has some open events, since I think the person slain always gets the event sent to them, but there may be some situations this does not occur.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gravestones.sp - 375 views - 16.5 KB)

Last edited by friagram; 05-08-2013 at 08:56.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2013 , 15:03   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #16

This might fix the handle bug, I'll test it out a bit more.

edit:
more messing with annotations shows that it's possible to spawn them and have them stay in place for a long time, and then remove them, but it's not very practical for this situation. They don't seem to support newlines, and as you get far away they get very big and annoying. It would be bothersome to have them pop up as you get close/leave the area constantly. If they supported newlines, It might be good to have them pop up in place of the hud text, but it doesn't seem like they do, perhaps there's some way to add it in that I don't know of, or some other character but the \n doesn't work.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gravestones.sp - 365 views - 16.5 KB)

Last edited by friagram; 05-08-2013 at 16:35.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2013 , 17:35   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
This might fix the handle bug, I'll test it out a bit more.

edit:
more messing with annotations shows that it's possible to spawn them and have them stay in place for a long time, and then remove them, but it's not very practical for this situation. They don't seem to support newlines, and as you get far away they get very big and annoying. It would be bothersome to have them pop up as you get close/leave the area constantly. If they supported newlines, It might be good to have them pop up in place of the hud text, but it doesn't seem like they do, perhaps there's some way to add it in that I don't know of, or some other character but the \n doesn't work.
when you update these are you updating your main post with the new versions? I've not tried this yet but I'm having difficulty knowing for sure - also you don't have to attach the SMX if it compiles on the forums which it does (on the first post that is).

edit: also getting this when I try to compile the source in this post.

Quote:
/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phphP3KKH.sp(54) : error 006: must be assigned to an array

Last edited by Horsedick; 05-08-2013 at 17:38.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2013 , 20:32   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #18

The version on the main page is the version which has been fixed/tested and should work.
The later ones have the annotations, which I think work. I have been testing them.

PHP Code:
//SourceMod Batch Compiler
// by the SourceMod Dev Team

//// gravestones.sp
// Header size:           4160 bytes
// Code size:             9816 bytes
// Data size:             2992 bytes
// Stack/heap size:      16384 bytes; Total requirements:   33352 bytes
//
// Compilation Time: 0.25 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ... 
This is the version on the main page, it's updated as per the changelog there.
The ones later on in the post are test versions with the annotations added.
As for it not compiling, i'm using the 1.5 compiler, and it compiles for me.

As far as not uploading the SMX, sometimes the web compiler fails for unforseen reasons. You can use it if you want, or compile the sp if you want, or use the SMX I provide. I know the SMX I provide works though, becaise that's the one I test with.

Last edited by friagram; 05-08-2013 at 20:35.
Aliento
Old 05-09-2013 , 22:50   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #19

Hey, I love this plugin. I've been using it on my server for a few days and players seem to enjoy it. However, I think you should add options on what spawns the graves, so server ops can make it so they drop on a domination instead of a revenge, or both if they want.

Also, the line included in the default text
Code:
R.I.P. *|Violently raped by ponies
is pretty tasteless. I know that it's trivially easy for me to remove it myself (and I did), but rape jokes are really tasteless and don't fit in with TF2's style of humor and I really hope you consider removing it from the included text.

Last edited by Aliento; 05-09-2013 at 22:50.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2013 , 07:47   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Revenge Markers - 5/6/2013
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliento View Post
Also, the line included in the default text
Code:
R.I.P. *|Violently raped by ponies
is pretty tasteless. I know that it's trivially easy for me to remove it myself (and I did), but rape jokes are really tasteless and don't fit in with TF2's style of humor and I really hope you consider removing it from the included text.
what game have you been playing? tf2 has degraded into a very sad community starting about 3 years ago. now its all about being obnoxious and overly agresive to people and to throw your fandom in the face of everyone all the time no exception. the more vile you can be about your fandom the better because its edgy and totally cool now. this is exactly tf2's style of humor now, unless youve been under a rock the past 3 yeas