8% 

[L4D] Survivor Upgrades

Post New Thread Reply   

Whosat
Old 07-25-2009 , 22:11   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgoose View Post
okay i spent hours reading , i just discovered the "source" thing newly..anyhow i managed to install the sourcemod and the metamod and then i placed this plugin in the "addon>sourcemod>plugins" this is correct right?

also when i type sm_admin it says

"[SM] This command can only be used in-game."

even when iam inside the game.
This shouldn't be the place you ask these kind of server-related questions.
sm_admin brings up a menu in-game. So you can only run that command from an admin client in your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgoose View Post
also is there a way to turn off this plug in from inside the game, its killing me to look thru the commands with just plain luck infinding a command that turns it off and if i did find it i might not recognize it. is there a way to turn them off or reset them to start new with 0 upgrades and get the starting-up random upgrades???

oh yeah one more thing...when i hit the witch with incendiary bullets, she just kept running around.... and no matter how many bullets i sent into her head she wouldn't stop moving
Use MagnoT's plugin a few posts up. He fixed the witch problem and you can remove all upgrades using removeallupgrades then using giverandomupgrades @all <number of upgrades>

Has the same effect. However, MagnoT's version of the plugin does not give initial upgrades. I'm working on my own modification of this plugin, incorporating some of MagnoT's modifications as well. Here's what I've got so far:

Code:
*Fixed warning messages during mapchanges [MagnoT]
*Witches no longer burn forever [MagnoT]
*Added a Admin command to clean all client upgrades, 'cleanallupgrades' [MagnoT]
*Removed laseron and laseroff - laser toggles that (say /laser) [MagnoT]
*Only alive survivors can get upgrades [MagnoT]
*Fixed giving 1 extra upgrade at start of each round [MagnoT & KrX]
*Added showing of Help 20 seonds after connection to server [MagnoT & KrX]
*Added Help for clients: say /upghelp [MagnoT & KrX]
*Fixed Help spamming Errors that client is not connected to Server [KrX]
*Added activation of Survivor Upgrades only on specific gamemodes, updates Help as well  (surup_enablecoop, surup_enablesv and surup_enablevs) [KrX]
*/listupgrades now show even if Verbosity is 0 [KrX]
*Possible for Laser-only: set surup_enablecoop, surup_enablesv and surup_enablevs to 0, then set  surup_always_laser to 1 [KrX]
*Fixed Flag for surup_upgrades_at_tank_spawn and added min/max values for ConVars [KrX]

==ToDo==
*Enable/Disable carrying Upgrades over to next Mission (Still resets every end of campaign) [KrX]  -Just needs Testing
*Enable/Disable resetting of Upgrades when you lose any mission [KrX] -Just needs Testing
*When a one-time usage item is used, the team will know who did it if Verbosity is not 0 [KrX] -Just needs Testing
*Auto-add "survivorupgrades" to sv_tags [KrX]
*Add auto-update feature of auto-update plugin by somebody [KrX]
Will upload once I'm done

Last edited by Whosat; 07-25-2009 at 22:21.
lexantis
Old 07-26-2009 , 08:32   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Hello, nice bugfixes man! I like the whole thing very much and using it on my server (MagnoT's version is so far very good)

BUT i would like to use yours, i have some comments to it:

Code:
1]*Fixed giving 1 extra upgrade at start of each round [MagnoT & KrX]
2]*Fixed Flag for surup_upgrades_at_tank_spawn and added min/max values for ConVars [KrX]

To-Do:
3]*Auto-add "survivorupgrades" to sv_tags [KrX]
1] Could you make a cvar for it? Because i would personally prefer not giving any upgrades at start for nothing ;)
2] Will there be a value of this cvar 0? Dont want to give out upgrades when tank spawns, thats wrong . The survivors should earn(deserve) it.
3] Too long tag imho, could you shorten it? there is a limit to sv_tags characters count )
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2009 , 08:40   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #183

Can someone release same plugin with following fixes: WITCH BUG FIX, TWICE AS MUCH UPGRADES FIX? I really like how it works, except for these few bugs.
Old 07-26-2009 , 08:54   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Can someone release same plugin with following fixes: WITCH BUG FIX, TWICE AS MUCH UPGRADES FIX? I really like how it works, except for these few bugs.
use MagnoT version...
Old 07-26-2009 , 18:07   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #185

Code:
*Fixed warning messages during mapchanges [MagnoT]
*Witches no longer burn forever [MagnoT]
*Added a Admin command to clean all client upgrades, 'cleanallupgrades' [MagnoT]
*Removed laseron and laseroff - laser toggles that (say /laser) [MagnoT]
*Only alive survivors can get upgrades [MagnoT]

*Fixed giving 1 extra upgrade at start of each round [MagnoT & KrX]
*Added showing of Help 20 seonds after connection to server [MagnoT & KrX]
*Added Help for clients: say /upghelp [MagnoT & KrX]

*Fixed Help spamming Errors that client is not connected to Server [KrX]
*Added command /upghelp2 to see at what times clients get upgrades [KrX]

*Added activation of Survivor Upgrades only on specific gamemodes, updates Help as well  (surup_enablecoop, surup_enablesv and surup_enablevs) [KrX]
*Possible for Laser-only: set surup_enablecoop, surup_enablesv and surup_enablevs to 0, then set  surup_always_laser to 1 [KrX]
*Enable/Disable carrying Upgrades over to next Mission (surup_reset_on_map_change) [KrX]
*Enable/Disable resetting of Upgrades when you lose any mission (surup_reset_on_mission_lost) [KrX]
*Set Reloader Upgrade multiplier of weapons (surup_reloader_speed and surup_reloader_shotgun_speed) [KrX]
*Added alternate command for /listupgrades: /upgrades [KrX]

*Fixed: /listupgrades now show even if Verbosity is 0 [KrX]
*Fixed Flag for surup_upgrades_at_tank_spawn and added min/max values for ConVars [KrX]
*Fixed Survivors who went Idle/AFK and came back not getting their upgrades again [KrX]

==ToDo==
*When a one-time usage item is used, the team will know who did it if Verbosity is not 0 [KrX] -Just needs Testing
@lexantis:
1) Yes, as is in the original version by Jerrith. surup_upgrades_at_spawn "0"
2) Yes as well, as is in the original version by Jerrith. surup_upgrades_at_tank_spawn "0"
3) Ah I decided to remove it altogether. Serverops should decide whether and what to put in themselves

I'm close to uploading this just trying to figure out how to get the clientid (and its name) from SayTextHook (which is hooked through HookUserMessage(sayTextMsgId, SayTextHook, true);)
Old 07-27-2009 , 08:03   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoT View Post
- Kill points (only for regular weapon kills, default is 120 infected)
If I want to disable this, can I make the value -1 or should it be 0?
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2009 , 09:01   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
use MagnoT version...
I've red description of MagnoT release, and its not the same as original. All i want is 2 simple fixes. Sorry for bothering you too much though. Mb i modify the code myself (though it would be harder, because of plugin complexity).
Old 07-27-2009 , 09:07   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #188

Magnot - I am using your version now. You should really think about making your own thread, since the author of the original plugin seems to be MIA.

Just one request - would it be possible to allow the commands to be used in chat (Maybe with ! at the beginning like !laser) instead of the console?
Whosat
Old 07-27-2009 , 09:25   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #189

Aw hell seeing as how busy I will be these few weeks I'll just upload what I have first.

Survivor Upgrades_K - KrX's modified Survivor Upgrades v1.4k1

Code:
/* KrX's Modified version - Version History
* Version k1
*         - Initial release. Changes from original version (Jerrith's v1.4):
*         - Incorporated from MagnoT's modified release:
*             - Fixed warning messages during mapchanges
*             - Witches no longer burn forever
*             - Added a Admin command to clean all client upgrades, 'cleanallupgrades'
*             - Removed laseron and laseroff - laser toggles that (say /laser)
*             - Only alive survivors can get upgrades
*         - Incorporated and modified from MagnoT's modified release:
*             - Fixed giving 1 extra upgrade at start of each round
*             - Added showing of Help 20 seonds after connection to server
*             - Added Help for clients: say /upghelp
*         - Added modifications by KrX:
*             - Fixed Help spamming Errors that client is not connected to server
*             - Added command /upghelp2 to see at what times clients get upgrades
*             - Fixed: /listupgrades now show even if Verbosity is 0
*             - Added alternate command for /listupgrades: /upgrades
*             - Added activation of Survivor Upgrades only on specific gamemodes, updates Help as well 
*                 (surup_enablecoop [1], surup_enablesv [1], surup_enablevs [0])
*                 Possible for Laser-only: disable upgrades on all gamemodes, then set  surup_always_laser to 1
*             - Enable/Disable carrying Upgrades over to next Mission 
*                 (surup_reset_on_map_change [0])
*             - Enable/Disable resetting of Upgrades when you lose any mission 
*                 (surup_reset_on_mission_lost [0])
*             - Set Reloader Upgrade multiplier of weapons 
*                 (surup_reloader_speed [0.5], surup_reloader_shotgun_speed [0.5])
*             - Fixed Flag for surup_upgrades_at_tank_spawn and added min/max values for ConVars
*             - Fixed Survivors who went Idle/AFK and came back not getting their upgrades again
*/
Planned updates:

Code:
*When a one-time usage item is used, the team will know who did it if Verbosity is not 0
*Cvar to set whether incendiary ammo lights tank up
*Cvar to reset one-time-use upgrades if used (currently only gives one-time-use upgrades once in a game, registers as still having the upgrade even after being used)
Please report any bugs and developers please feel free to modify the code to fix or add features. Please share after doing so

@GrossKopf:
Yeah they're all useable in chat by appending "/" at the front e.g. /laser
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (survivor_upgrades_k.sp - 354 views - 47.2 KB)

Last edited by Whosat; 07-27-2009 at 09:27. Reason: Added reply to GrossKopf
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2009 , 09:51   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #190

Thanx Whosat, i think its just what i need. I will check it when i get home from work. I dont like decisions which leave survivors with no initial upgrades or only laser. Customizability is a must-have for such plugins, cause it allows to keep ALL the functionality of plugin, while tuning it for current needs.