Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-12-2017 , 09:17   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #101

For what it's worth, the query part (not RCon or logs) should work fine with Killing Floor (or any other game that uses Steam's game server API) - you just have to use the actual query port rather than the port a player would use to connect since the Unreal engine doesn't multiplex the socket by default like Source does.

Edit: confirmed. Added a few random ones from the Steam server list.

Last edited by psychonic; 03-12-2017 at 10:04.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-12-2017 , 11:15   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Newbie1 View Post
HLSW stands for Half Life Server Watch, and it's also not a Half Life game, but it works for that program....

Also author never stated it was ONLY for source engine only games.....also it has in brackets "(HLSW Alternative)" which I thought it meant it's a complete alternative to HLSW program(as I've not yet seen other alternatives that's as good as this)....otherwise I would have obviously not have bothered....besides I need something else other than HLSW because the author of this program has abandoned it by the looks of it.....and there are a few things that I would like fixed......but since author is gone, that's likely not gonna happen....
Yup, abandoned https://github.com/Drifter321/admint...erinfo-changes I forgot I had to make changes and work on it every day.

As was stated by psychonic, querying works fine using the query port.

If you want fixes you can, idk, fix them since its open source?
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-12-2017 , 18:52   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #103

Updated. Check first post for changelog.
Lucky_luck
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-12-2017 , 19:23   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #104

Thx for update ;)
1Newbie1
Old 03-12-2017 , 19:42   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
The name pretty much does that.
It is, but for Source games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
For what it's worth, the query part (not RCon or logs) should work fine with Killing Floor (or any other game that uses Steam's game server API) - you just have to use the actual query port rather than the port a player would use to connect since the Unreal engine doesn't multiplex the socket by default like Source does.

Edit: confirmed. Added a few random ones from the Steam server list.

Ohhhh I see....so instead of the usual, lets take for example, port 7707 or the query of that which is 7717(which is what I thought you meant by query port but apparently that also comes back with the failed query error), I use port 28854? And then just add more servers, but keeping the port the same for all of the servers I want to track? Okay...so what about for those servers where their IP remains the same, but their ports are different? ..and apparently for some servers(like I input IP and same port # of 28854), it still comes back with the failed query error.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
Yup, abandoned https://github.com/Drifter321/admint...erinfo-changes I forgot I had to make changes and work on it every day.

As was stated by psychonic, querying works fine using the query port.

If you want fixes you can, idk, fix them since its open source?
Oh no, I wasn't talking about yours, I was talking about HLSW......I should have been more clearer....oh well.....but yes...it does, I suppose, kinda looked like you've abandoned it also until I revived it today!

Well...I would fix some stuff......but can't because I don't know coding..... Hence I leave all, as per usual with all the other stuff I run, the bug fixes and any other features to the discretion of the author....

I only came on here after a google search (which was actually for something else and not specifically looking after an alternative to HLSW) and saw this and thought "Oooh...why not?" And yeah...here I am...

...so while we're on the subject...do you plan on having support for other games that are *not* built on source engine(just like how HLSW works with different other game engines)? If so...can you start with KF1?

Last edited by 1Newbie1; 03-12-2017 at 20:00.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-13-2017 , 09:39   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Newbie1 View Post
Ohhhh I see....so instead of the usual, lets take for example, port 7707 or the query of that which is 7717(which is what I thought you meant by query port but apparently that also comes back with the failed query error), I use port 28854? And then just add more servers, but keeping the port the same for all of the servers I want to track? Okay...so what about for those servers where their IP remains the same, but their ports are different? ..and apparently for some servers(like I input IP and same port # of 28854), it still comes back with the failed query error.....
The default query port for Killing Floor is 28852, but I believe it can be changed via some ini file. It's non-trivial to find the query port if you only know the game port.
1Newbie1
Old 03-13-2017 , 10:00   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
The default query port for Killing Floor is 28852, but I believe it can be changed via some ini file. It's non-trivial to find the query port if you only know the game port.
Noooo....the default query port would be +1 of whatever the game port is and is also a port you CANNOT change either.....it's hardcoded....same with oldqueryport....but that's +10 of whatever the game port is. So for example we take the default game port 7707, query port is 7708 and oldqueryport is 7717. The only port you can change is the game port regarding this. The other two are hardcoded and cannot be changed....or at least as far as I know....

Steam port, is I'm guessing is 28854 which is what all this goes into which is how the Steam Sever Browser is able to pick up game servers from KF1......or perhaps it does read these individual ports and then spits them out on the master server for us to view....

May I ask you, that screenshot above, are all those servers using the same IP and same port or different IP but same port?

Last edited by 1Newbie1; 03-13-2017 at 10:01.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-13-2017 , 10:16   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #108

It seems there is confusion over what Killing Floor calls the query port, but I'm referring to the one that answers to Steam server queries and what the Steamworks SDK refers to as the query port. For Killing Floor, it does default to listening on 28852.

It is not hardcoded because it needs to be unique per server when running multiple on the same IP address.

For servers that are listed on the master server, you can find the query port by querying the master server. (It only gives back the query port, and then the game port would normally be found by querying the server via the query port). You can also use the Steam Web API to do similar. Ex. https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v1?addr=<IP address here> (The addr field in the response entries has the IP address and query port.)

Last edited by psychonic; 03-13-2017 at 10:21. Reason: clarifications
1Newbie1
Old 03-13-2017 , 11:57   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
It seems there is confusion over what Killing Floor calls the query port, but I'm referring to the one that answers to Steam server queries and what the Steamworks SDK refers to as the query port. For Killing Floor, it does default to listening on 28852.

It is not hardcoded because it needs to be unique per server when running multiple on the same IP address.

For servers that are listed on the master server, you can find the query port by querying the master server. (It only gives back the query port, and then the game port would normally be found by querying the server via the query port). You can also use the Steam Web API to do similar. Ex. https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v1?addr=<IP address here> (The addr field in the response entries has the IP address and query port.)
Ahhh.....

Oh yes, oh yes aw yes! It works! Woooooooooooo! Thanks! So you use this port.....

Well so far the port changes are relative to the game port, so for example 7707 would be 28852, the next possible one up would be 7709(because 7708 is taken by KF1's query port of the first server - and this port I believe is what is used in the in-game master server browser whereas the 28852 one is used for the steam server browser, right?) and that server's steam query port would be 28854 because the game port changed by two.... if I got this right, interesting...

However, just some minor issues I wanted to point out:
[IMG]https://s13.************/5zt9r82j9/Capture.png[/IMG] try this: https://s13.postimg org/5zt9r82j9/Capture.png - put a dot before org.

How do I fix up the weird symbols in servernames like these for examples on the right, but shown correctly on the left in HLSW? And I would like to add their respective game icons too..... How do I go about doing this? Or can't, as it requires coding and thus author will need to do this himself?

Oh yeah, here's what I wanted to point about HLSW that I wanted to fix but since the author for that is gone, I will never see this fixed if at all; you see how some of the KF1 servers are shown up as UT2004 and ROO? Yeah I wanted that fixed so that they all show KF and not any other games since it's not them.... And if that's not fixable, at least a way to *force* scan them as a specific game because you know it's from a specific game....

It also messes the order of server displayed too(yes I like to keep order on some things.....), so say if you wanted to display all your server in a chronological order, some of them will be out of order because they're scanned as a different game....and HLSW orders them by games, even if you order them by date added...

But anywhos, enough of my ramblings, what do?

Last edited by 1Newbie1; 03-15-2017 at 08:28. Reason: Apparently this image hosting site is a swear word? | Fixed typo
pedram.hosseinzadeh
Old 03-15-2017 , 08:14   Re: Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Reply With Quote #110

verry good