Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

nhshrike
Old 09-09-2011 , 08:44   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #841

Would it be possible to make this work with Ogg's as well?
vinic
Old 09-11-2011 , 11:50   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #842

Words cannot express how excited I and my group are about this mod being resurrected. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Feature request:
A way to play specific songs via console.

This would allow for player/admin song-specific keybindings as well as the ability for server admins to broadcast songs remotely via the server console.

The best usage solution I see would be an alternate search command or tacking on a second option to a search: sm_jb -psearch horses or sm_jb -play -search horses would play the first result for a search for "horses".

Having the separate launch option would also allow for sm_jb -play 1234, which would play the track with the database ID 1234. But that would require listing out ID numbers either on the website half of the mod, or in the in-game GUI. Honestly, just combining this feature with search should be enough and is very dynamic.
SirLamer
Old 09-12-2011 , 02:29   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhshrike View Post
Would it be possible to make this work with Ogg's as well?
Probably yes now that I have changed the main player. Oggs wouldn't have worked previously. If I add Oggs then games that don't use the new Webkit browser still won't reliably work with Oggs - users would be required to have an ActiveX-enabled Ogg media player installed, and most don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinic View Post
Words cannot express how excited I and my group are about this mod being resurrected. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Feature request:
A way to play specific songs via console.

This would allow for player/admin song-specific keybindings as well as the ability for server admins to broadcast songs remotely via the server console.

The best usage solution I see would be an alternate search command or tacking on a second option to a search: sm_jb -psearch horses or sm_jb -play -search horses would play the first result for a search for "horses".

Having the separate launch option would also allow for sm_jb -play 1234, which would play the track with the database ID 1234. But that would require listing out ID numbers either on the website half of the mod, or in the in-game GUI. Honestly, just combining this feature with search should be enough and is very dynamic.
I agree, that's a good idea for a feature. I'll look into implementing something that works off of the search like you suggest, except I will make it play everything in the result in sequence and not just the first track. The commands should be as specific as possible (ie. /jb -album white album -title helter skelter -play") in order to avoid possible future conflicts with new media.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 09-12-2011 at 02:32.
nhshrike
Old 09-12-2011 , 13:14   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
Probably yes now that I have changed the main player. Oggs wouldn't have worked previously. If I add Oggs then games that don't use the new Webkit browser still won't reliably work with Oggs - users would be required to have an ActiveX-enabled Ogg media player installed, and most don't.
Hmm, well if there was a way to make it lag less when I play music, it would be great. Is there any other possibilities?
SirLamer
Old 09-12-2011 , 14:16   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #845

What Source game are you running?

If the whole server is lagging when several people play music and you are hosting the music off of the same machine or network connection as the game server, then you simply do not have enough server bandwidth to support both services at once. There is nothing I can do to reduce bandwidth use in this case but you could restrict MP3s/oggs to a low bitrate like 64 kbps. There is a setting in the settings.php file to enforce this.

There is a feature in Jukebox to have to the MP3 files hosted on another server and managed automatically via FTP. I used this myself once - the game server and website ran off of one machine and I rented another server space for really cheap that offered no PHP features and nothing but a lot of space and bandwidth, and set up Jukebox to manage it via FTP. In this case everyone still uploads to and uses the main website but Jukebox will quietly upload the songs to the FTP server whenever new ones are added. New additions are available immediately to play when first uploaded and then the server notes the change to the remote FTP server as each transfer completes.

If the "lag" you are referring to is a sudden jitter when someone starts a song, there is little I can do to improve that. It has to do with how the web browser is not threaded separately from the game. This jitter is particularly bad with the old media player used by the pre-Apple games but the new player is really light and has almost no effect.

nhshrike
Old 09-13-2011 , 02:07   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #846

I'm running Tf2, the lag only seems to happen for the people playing the music, it's not a sudden jitter at the start, it just lags continuously.

I'll try what you said anyhow and see if I can erase some of the lag.

Thank you very much.
Gecko
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-14-2011 , 13:50   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #847

So did you figure out what was causing the strange negative queue time problem?
Old 09-15-2011 , 00:44   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #848

Not yet... I have been very busy with work lately and I haven't put any time into Jukebox in the last couple of weeks... nothing since PAX, really. Though, I did get a lot of Jukebox development done while at PAX.

nhshrike
Old 09-16-2011 , 07:55   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
you could restrict MP3s/oggs to a low bitrate like 64 kbps. There is a setting in the settings.php file to enforce this.
Sorry if i'm being blind, but I can't see anything that alters the bitrate in settings.php
SirLamer
Old 09-17-2011 , 03:00   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Something strange is happening with this plugin. When I do sm_jb -all and play a song, sometimes the console outputs: "Your song has been queued. It will be played in -153452389 second." or some strange number like that, and then the song will randomly start playing 10 minutes later. It happens with automatic queuing turned on and off, and it does it even when there's no other song currently playing. Checked my error logs, got this:
Code:
L 09/03/2011 - 23:31:22: [SM] Native "GetUserFlagBits" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 09/03/2011 - 23:31:22: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "jukebox.smx":
L 09/03/2011 - 23:31:22: [SM]   [0]  Line 4431, C:\Users\Greg\Documents\SourceMod Development\server script\sourcemod\scripting\jukebox.sp::PermissionCheck()
L 09/03/2011 - 23:31:22: [SM]   [1]  Line 2665, C:\Users\Greg\Documents\SourceMod Development\server script\sourcemod\scripting\jukebox.sp::AnnounceTrack()
L 09/03/2011 - 23:31:22: [SM]   [2]  Line 3366, C:\Users\Greg\Documents\SourceMod Development\server script\sourcemod\scripting\jukebox.sp::Query_NextTrack2()
I'm not positive that the first line is related to this plugin, i think it is though.

EDIT:
SourceMod Version: 1.3.8
Metamod:Source version 1.8.7
"Jukebox" (0.5.5.0) by SirLamer
The weird queue message does not affect playback success but it does indicate a problem. Please check what you have the cvar cv_queue_delay set to something rational like 4 or 5 (seconds). I'm not able to trace it right now but I'll keep watching.

The error in your log is the real problem. It's not directly related to the above one. I have found the error and it will be corrected in the next release. If you want to fix it now, edit jukebox.sp.

Change line 2657 from this:
Code:
		if(play_lock[i]) {
to this:
Code:
		if(play_lock[subscribed_clients[i]]) {
Then change line 2665 from this:
Code:
		if(play_lock[i] || (is_reserved && !PermissionCheck(i, cv_admin_flags_reserved))) {
to this:
Code:
		if(play_lock[announce_clients[i]] || (is_reserved && !PermissionCheck(announce_clients[i], cv_admin_flags_reserved))) {
Then recompile and voila.