Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Barricade System

Post New Thread Reply   

EvilGuy
Old 03-27-2020 , 07:41   [TF2] Barricade System
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there, i was working on a Barricade System for Zombie Survival Gamemode like the Garry's Mod Zombie Survival Cade system.(I gave up recently, tired )

First of all let me explain a bit:
Basically you have a hammer and bunch of nails to nail a prop. You can nail the props to world(floors, walls, and to other props if it's physically possible.)

Nailed props freeze and unable to move unless someone unnails the prop. Humans can pass, 'phase' through those props and zombies can't. So zombies try to destroy them to get humans.

Example video of that system:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvqw7nlKl7Q

Also some screenshots:

I tried to port it to TF2, but i couldn't find a good solution to attach to props to certain places like between the walls, or floor. I just make them freeze in the air.

I done the phasing thingy, that human can pass but the nailing system is still a mess.
So can anybody give me some ideas to how that i can make this work ? Besides making the prop freeze.

The things that i did:

Green outline means it's nailed (in that case it's freezed lol )
White outline means it's not nailed or it's neutral.
Red outline means it's nailed, and damaged.

As i said i need some ideas to make the nailing system more decent. Or need help.
Like how can i make those entities to attach walls, like prop dynamics. And they need to be rotated in certain places(Like sidewalls.)