Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY/CSS] SM Parachute (Server Crash Fix)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
ehsank1768
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    The sneaky bug that caused so many crashes in Deathrun and Mg maps for me it was in CS:S idk about other source games
    Old 04-15-2024 , 14:43   [ANY/CSS] SM Parachute (Server Crash Fix)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hi i hope my post doesn't get deleted but if it does then at least i tried, so years ago many servers were experiencing a sudden crash in (Deathrun/Mg) maps this was not tied to the map but the entity that was being used in it. that entity being env_explosion and how it exactly used to happen? well when you hold the E button on your keyboard(to use the Parachute) while your in the air and go into a exploding object (explosive barrels in Deathrun maps for example) if you die through this way it can crash the server however its not that simple as the crash won't happen the first time you do this it usually has 15-25% chance to crash the server everytime you or any player in the server tries it(from my testing) the worst part of it is that it never explains in the server logs why this is happening its way too sneaky and that's why so many servers block the Explosive parts of the map using Blocker Passes, however this was 3.5 yrs ago i don't know if it happens today but if it does then this version should fix it for you.

What changed in the code? well when the player dies now the game tries to set the parachute's color to (255, 255, 255, 0 = Invis) in the original version it used to RemoveEdict.

Original Author: SWAT_88
    Original Version: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=580269
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_parachutefix.sp - 36 views - 19.9 KB)