Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

HLG anti hack protestion

Post New Thread Reply   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2005 , 20:08  
Reply With Quote #21

I don't think we need to flame HLG anymore.. or each other. Either keep the thread on topic, or have it locked.
Old 02-21-2005 , 01:17  
Reply With Quote #22

cd is crap.. If I was a cheater they would be the only servers I would go to. I mean here is the scenario... I join the CD server and find that my hack no longer works, ah darn! Ok I will go and download the latest CD proof cheat and go back. Then the cool thing is (for the cheaters), all the legit clients on that server probably believe that CD is great, and thus think that you are just a great player.
Without any consequences such as global banning, its worthless.

I haven't used CD on our server for a long time, so maybe it has changed and actually bans or something. Haven't kept up on it...

Ah well, maybe one of you creative guys can come up with something that is useful.
Bad HAL 9000
Old 02-21-2005 , 09:44  
Reply With Quote #23

Why do people think HLG is usful? Its not. It doenst catch anything. The only usful feature of it is the wallhack blocking.
Send a message via ICQ to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via AIM to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via MSN to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bad HAL 9000
manorastroman
Old 02-21-2005 , 14:26  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
I don't think we need to flame HLG anymore.. or each other. Either keep the thread on topic, or have it locked.
Old 02-26-2005 , 07:42  
Reply With Quote #25

I created something into my plugin which scans for files on the client. I added over 15 hacks in it. Later I added setinfo/alias scans and also these worked fine for me.

My serverplugin banned over 17 people in 2 weeks thanks to my scan.
But I had to remove it because it caused lag.

Frank
Send a message via ICQ to anxiro
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2005 , 09:59  
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiro
I created something into my plugin which scans for files on the client. I added over 15 hacks in it. Later I added setinfo/alias scans and also these worked fine for me.

My serverplugin banned over 17 people in 2 weeks thanks to my scan.
But I had to remove it because it caused lag.

Frank

ummm didnt valve block client file scanning?
Old 02-26-2005 , 10:28  
Reply With Quote #27

yep think so too... but it also caused lag. so, waiting for VAC2
Send a message via ICQ to anxiro
Bad HAL 9000
Old 02-26-2005 , 11:03  
Reply With Quote #28

Ummm... yea. You cant scan a clients hardrive (Or any part of it) from the server. Stop talking BS
Send a message via ICQ to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via AIM to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via MSN to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bad HAL 9000
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2005 , 12:28  
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000
Ummm... yea. You cant scan a clients hardrive (Or any part of it) from the server. Stop talking BS
lol I was trying to say that politely ;)
Old 02-26-2005 , 13:17  
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000
lol I was trying to say that politely ;)
Why are you guys so sure...

I know a couple things that might work and a really "dirty" trick that might be used to do much more than scan your disk (which I won't post for obvious reasons) depending on your security settings on your machine and how updated your system is... so I wouldn't be suprised if someone would find a workng trick...

Of course his statement might sound "not very likely" but I wouldn't say it is BS (unless we all are in he same room and have been drinking a lot of beer )...

Also he responded with...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiro
yep think so too... but it also caused lag. so, waiting for VAC2
which sounds as if he did this plugin before they closed that "feature"...

/X