Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Hud Sync Advertisements (1.2)(12.25.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 11-04-2015 , 13:24   Re: Hud Sync Advertisements (1.1)(11.1.2015)
Reply With Quote #11

Useless, using ML like this is dumb, if you are going to use a config file(and you should), then the user should have unlimited possibilities, not only 3 or 5 or 7 or whatever.
Old 12-20-2015 , 17:06   Re: Hud Sync Advertisements (1.1)(11.1.2015)
Reply With Quote #12

Who whaa.. forgot about this lol

I thought you can post it here and update it from time to time, sorry.
PartialCloning
Old 12-24-2015 , 08:20   Re: Hud Sync Advertisements (1.1)(11.1.2015)
Reply With Quote #13

Redivcram, your plugin could be much more efficient if there was a hud message forward. Consider joining the hud forward movement (check my signature), once there is enough demand it will hopefully be considered by the Arkman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Useless, using ML like this is dumb, if you are going to use a config file(and you should), then the user should have unlimited possibilities, not only 3 or 5 or 7 or whatever.
You need to stop putting people down. You're acting like a vulture, jumping in as soon as someone posts a plugin threatening to unapprove it. I know most of them aren't great quality, but you have to understand that a lot of approved plugins started out as basic plugins and eventually with more feedback and suggestions and as the coders improved their coding skills the plugins were made better with more features.

Yes I know they can still work on them and have them re-reviewed, but when they see their plugins unapproved there is an unavoidable loss of motivation. Especially if one of the main reasons they posted their plugin is to have it approved, so that's what would have kept them going and improving it.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-24-2015 , 10:00   Re: Hud Sync Advertisements (1.1)(11.1.2015)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
You need to stop putting people down. You're acting like a vulture, jumping in as soon as someone posts a plugin threatening to unapprove it. I know most of them aren't great quality, but you have to understand that a lot of approved plugins started out as basic plugins and eventually with more feedback and suggestions and as the coders improved their coding skills the plugins were made better with more features.

Yes I know they can still work on them and have them re-reviewed, but when they see their plugins unapproved there is an unavoidable loss of motivation. Especially if one of the main reasons they posted their plugin is to have it approved, so that's what would have kept them going and improving it.
Lol, what's wrong with you? I'm just trying to help.

You know, some years ago the "New plugin submissions" was empty and all the plugins sorted(approved or unapproved). That's what I am trying to do now, to make it clean as it was before.
Yeah, suggestions are good as long as the plugin ideea is unique or bring something new. Here, it's just a simple advertisment plugin which was done a lot of times before. I can't improve anything here, nor I am requiered to do so. If OP update his plugin and make it somehow "new" I can recheck it ASAP.

So, in your opinion we should not check any plugin and approve everything, just for the sake of doing so.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 12-24-2015 at 10:03.
PartialCloning
Old 12-24-2015 , 11:32   Re: Hud Sync Advertisements (1.1)(11.1.2015)
Reply With Quote #15

If you look at it that way it makes sense. And I know you're trying to help but I thought of the new plugins section as a section for everyone to post their plugins which they think can be useful to others, from then they either get code improvement feedback or suggestions and feature requests. Depending on their plans and support level, the plugin then either is moved to the plugins review section once the approvers feel it's good enough as is feature/uniqueness/usefulness wise, or it's unapproved if the coder is no longer supporting/improving it, and the approvers feel it's not good enough as it is.

Sorry redivcram for going offtopic.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2015 , 12:48   Re: Hud Sync Advertisements (1.1)(11.1.2015)
Reply With Quote #16

Just look at the idea of this type of advertisement, don't look at the fact that It's an advertisements plugin like every other. This one lets ads shuffle through the same spot from time to time unlike GHW's, this can contain a lot of HUD ads without filling the screen.
If you say so, HamletEagle, even though It's unapproved now I will try and update It's code so it would look like a real plugin. Why I used ML is that I don't know how to make those cfgs, but with searching I might get help out of it. ML was just a dumb beginning example of how would it look like. I'll add some effects, cfg so server admins could add 9238219892181923 of them, etc. You just looked at the part of the title saying the keyword "Advertisements" and said "Oh great.. another Advertisements plugins, that has been done at least thousands of times" and didn't even see It's content and the features it may has unlike others.
Also considering changing the name of the plugin.. does Sync Hud Ads even sound like what it does? How about Hud Advertisements Shuffle?
@PartialCloning np

Updated it

Last edited by redivcram; 01-01-2016 at 10:04.
Old 12-31-2015, 15:28
redivcram
This message has been deleted by redivcram. Reason: 2 weeks didn't pass, this post never existed