Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Remove Links!

Post New Thread Reply   

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 10-26-2013 , 07:45   Re: AW: Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanian Zombie View Post
this program discovered over 500 files infected,four of them trojans,and the files infected were the updates that ,my PC do automatically from Microsoft!
If it is discovering Microsoft Updates as viruses, then that program is no good and shouldn't be used. OR, you should consider reformatting your PC as you won't be able to completely clean the PC

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-26-2013 , 08:11   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #42

some viruses like to "live" in a hidden & protected system folder, the "system volume information" one. if you didn't find some viruses there, then (maybe) your software is not reliable.
also I recommend stronlgy to avoid the MSE antivirus, it's totally blind and useless !
Old 10-26-2013 , 09:32   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #43

now the links have been dissapeared from some sites but some of them has these links!
For Example Allied Modders doesnt have them anymore!
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2013 , 09:49   Re: Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanian Zombie View Post
now the links have been dissapeared from some sites but some of them has these links!
For Example Allied Modders doesnt have them anymore!
Shove websites actually use ads in their text that create links to the products mentioned in the page to create some sort of income for the owner
Albanian Zombie
Old 10-27-2013 , 11:16   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
Shove websites actually use ads in their text that create links to the products mentioned in the page to create some sort of income for the owner
they do that but not all these websites have the same ads and same ads design!
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2013 , 08:39   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #46

Also I should point out to avoid those fake anti-viruses, one tricked me a long time ago(can't remember when but it was before I found out about tf2(which was before I discovered alliedmodders)), how it tricked me was using a Windows XP My computer page on a Windows XP pc. Those fake anti-viruses are actually viruses so if you think you trust an anti-virus that totally pops up out of nowhere even if you didn't download and install it and it "scans" your pc, try to avoid it.
Firippu
Old 10-28-2013 , 10:18   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
also I recommend stronlgy to avoid the MSE antivirus, it's totally blind and useless !
I know that MSE has gotten bad reviews and ratings on various websites, but I think it is still very useful for certain types of people. MSE is quiet, elegant, fast, lightweight, mature, laxed, and still has good virus protection. It can be perfect for people that have natural resistance against viruses from knowledge, and don't venture out everyday searching for danger, but still want peace of mind.
Old 10-28-2013 , 11:40   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #48

I didn't know it, thanks to Arkshine who helped me after a virus attack. it scanned everything and didn't find anything.
even if we can check the size of some applications (.exe files) changing after any contamination, for example: downloading a fresh dropbox.exe (19 Mo); its size became 21 Mo if we execute another application from my HDD, and became unusable.
Avast! found a lot of viruses and thousands of infected files (.exe, .dll, .html, etc.), but could not fix them. Avira Fixed all the files that I didn't delete. of course I re-installed my OS.
Old 10-28-2013 , 16:52   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
I didn't know it, thanks to Arkshine who helped me after a virus attack. it scanned everything and didn't find anything.
even if we can check the size of some applications (.exe files) changing after any contamination, for example: downloading a fresh dropbox.exe (19 Mo); its size became 21 Mo if we execute another application from my HDD, and became unusable.
Avast! found a lot of viruses and thousands of infected files (.exe, .dll, .html, etc.), but could not fix them. Avira Fixed all the files that I didn't delete. of course I re-installed my OS.
in cs 1.6 folders i continue finding files that reads,configs or updates i think these are viruses!
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-28-2013 , 17:38   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #50

Avira is the best free one, maybe better than other expensive ones. just use it.