Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceMM version 1.3 Not Recognizing Plugins "Please Help"

Post New Thread Reply   

BAILOPAN
Old 09-11-2006 , 10:39   Re: SourceMM version 1.3 Not Recognizing Plugins "Please Help"
Reply With Quote #11

If it's not showing anything your metaplugins.ini file couldn't be found.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-11-2006 , 12:40   Re: SourceMM version 1.3 Not Recognizing Plugins "Please Help"
Reply With Quote #12

Ok bail, I have figured out the issue after I read your response. I deleted my metaplugins.ini located in cstrike/addons/metamod. I went ahead and took an old cfg file from amxmodx renamed to "metaplugins" with out the ini and it worked. Just to see if it was the ini extension I put my old metaplugins.ini which i deleted back in cstrike/addons/metamod with out the ini extension and it didnt work. I dont know if this only applies to me but i have read on website to make metaplugins.ini << text file on the installation document provided to me by SourceMM on step number 5 which clearly states.

5.Create a new, blank, text file called "metaplugins.ini".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again I dont know if this only applies to my computer or others with this new version but I figured i'd let you guys know to save someone else a headache in the future. I'd like to thank everyone for there responses in my time for need of help. I'm very impressed with this community.

Thanks
iclassdon
Send a message via MSN to iclassdon
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2006 , 15:09   Re: SourceMM version 1.3 Not Recognizing Plugins "Please Help"
Reply With Quote #13

Open up your addons/metamod folder

On the menu click
Tools-Folder Options
Click the "View" tab
Select the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button (circle)
and *UNCHECK* "Hide extensions for known file types"
Click "Apply to All Folders"
then click
"Apply"
then click
"OK"

Of course, be careful with files now that you've done that because you've exposed a lot of files that could potentially become corrupt or bad if you accidentally remove or change the extension.
iclassdon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-11-2006 , 17:01   Re: SourceMM version 1.3 Not Recognizing Plugins "Please Help"
Reply With Quote #14

Thanks for the info I never knew about that function, the hidden files yes but not hidden file extensions. I appreciate your concern, for now I am off to enjoy the rest of the great plugins this forum has to offer. I hope these posts can help serve the rest of the Allied Modders community.

Thanks
iclassdon
Send a message via MSN to iclassdon