Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 11-22-2009 , 02:06   SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

SourceMod 1.3 is now in beta and has L4D2 support. We are aiming for a release by the end of the year - until then, current snapshots can be considered stable.

SOURCEMOD 1.3 REQUIRES METAMOD:SOURCE 1.8 ON ALL GAMES!

Translatable strings are now frozen, and translators have a few weeks to update their languages. There are a few new phrases and you can use the translator tool to see what they are. When it comes time to release, we'll only export languages that have complete string support. (Translators will get a reminder e-mail tomorrow.)

I would like to HUGELY THANK all of our donors this month. Supporting a new game is never easy. This time around we did a ton of Metamod:Source changes (with more in the pipeline), in addition to reverse engineering a new SDK for the community, and getting SourceMod ported. This port was also non-trivial due to new optimizations in the engine. Your generosity lets the development team buy copies of the game to test on, and gives us added incentive to get it out as quickly as possible - since keeping infrastructure afloat is essential to the project.

And of course, I would also like to HUGELY THANK™ SourceMod developers - Scott Ehlert (DS), Matt Woodrow (pRED), and Fyren - for handling this port so quickly.
Old 11-22-2009 , 04:49   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

I just spent the evening playing this mod for Left 4 Dead 2. Probably some of the most satisfying sets of playthroughs I've ever experienced. I can't wait to use these settings on my own server.

I must point out though, that without an admin there to supply the 18 people with items and such, it would have been rather difficult.

Thanks for an enjoyable evening of gaming
Shaman
Old 11-22-2009 , 07:00   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

I have updated Turkish strings, but I have not received an e-mail like I supposed to. I thought you were going to send us e-mails when there are new strings to translate and on string freezings.
Old 11-22-2009 , 07:45   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

Hey guys, I've made czech translations for my servers and I'd like to share them with you, but I'm not really sure how can I become a translator
Glassman
Old 11-22-2009 , 13:11   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

sorry for being a nub here but I got this loaded and test show that it is working. but when I try to login as sm_admin it gives me

[SM] you dont access to this command.

I have put in the admin config but I just cant get it to work...tried serveral different ways.

this is what I have in the admin.cfg

Admins
{
"auth" "steam"
"identity" "STEAM_1:0:51"
"flags" "abcdef"

}

any help would be nice sure it is simple and I am just being a idiot.

Thanks again
titan_rw
Old 11-22-2009 , 14:34   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

This may be answered somewhere else.

For those donors that have access to the 1.4 SM builds, which SM version should we use for L4D2? Is 1.4 the DEV branch, with 1.3 being considered 'stable'? As in 1.2 vs 1.3 for l4d1?

Thanks.
dacomb
Old 11-22-2009 , 14:58   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I couldn't find a "Help" forum.

I just loaded Metamod 1.8 (mmsource-1.8.0-hg670) and Sourcemod 1.3 Beta (sourcemod-1.3.0-hg2864) to my 4 linux servers on Gameservers.com.
2 of them are L4D1 and 2 of them are L4D2.
I can't seem to get any of them to work.
I updated all the files according to the directions as I've done several other times without incident.
I backed up my sourcemod.cfg and admin.cfg and reupped them after the install...
Not sure how I could have gone wrong with such an easy install but now none of the 4 servers recognize "sm" commands of any kind.
Any ideas?
I followed all the available documentation on updated, upgrading or installing to the letter.
I can roll back my L4D1 servers but I'd like to get the L4D2 servers functional if it really is functional as the post suggests.
Thanks!
pRED*
Old 11-22-2009 , 15:22   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan_rw View Post
Is 1.4 the DEV branch, with 1.3 being considered 'stable'? As in 1.2 vs 1.3 for l4d1?
As of right now the 1.4 and 1.3 branches are more or less identical, so it doesn't matter which one you use. Going forward 1.3 will only receive bug fixes as it gears up for release, while 1.4 will continue to have new features added.

The 1.2 branch is more or less closed now. This applies to all games, not just l4d2.
c3v0r
Old 11-22-2009 , 17:25   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

So, after Running Sourcemod 1.2 on my Left 4 Dead server for quite some time, I also installed Sourcemod 1.3 Beta on my Left 4 Dead 2 server today.

Runs, nice, but...

What the ... is this? Please tell me theres a way to get the old ingame menu back, easily accessible by pressing the number keys without having to go to the main menu and use the mouse. :[
tmberg
Old 11-22-2009 , 18:29   Re: SourceMod 1.3 L4D2 Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3v0r View Post
So, after Running Sourcemod 1.2 on my Left 4 Dead server for quite some time, I also installed Sourcemod 1.3 Beta on my Left 4 Dead 2 server today.

Runs, nice, but...

What the ... is this? Please tell me theres a way to get the old ingame menu back, easily accessible by pressing the number keys without having to go to the main menu and use the mouse. :[
How/where do you get that screen? In game admin thingy. :O

Last edited by tmberg; 11-22-2009 at 18:31. Reason: 2 short
Send a message via ICQ to tmberg Send a message via MSN to tmberg
Closed Thread