Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Maku
Old 01-21-2021 , 09:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.7.1 (20-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
The damage accumulated per player is reset when any of the following happen...

1. A new chapter/map begins and player is spawned
2. A player is kicked/banned
3. A player disconnects, reconnects, and is spawned (basically the same thing as #1)
Okay, thanks for letting me know and many thanks for updating it!
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-21-2021 , 09:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.7.1 (20-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai0205 View Post
Hello, you can add features
Friendly fire reversing option when victim is attacked by SI

I'm not sure I understand this request. Are you asking to reverse friendly-fire when both the victim and attacker are on the infected team? It seems like friendly-fire on the infected team would nearly always be deliberate since they have no weapons. I would think it better to just ban (or at least kick) infected griefers rather than reverse friendly-fire. Although my plugin does discourage griefers (because they cannot harm teammates with weapons), the two main objectives are...

1. Force players to improve their shooting tactics and aim.
2. Encourage new/inexperienced players to only join games with a difficulty that match their skillset.

Please provide more details of your request.
Old 01-21-2021 , 10:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.7.1 (20-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #43

I think he means about reverse FF while both of attacker and victim are on the Infected Team.

In versus, sometimes have griefers that hit you while as infected (for no reason, just "4fun").
Example: Boomer has 50 HP while charger has 600. 50 FF damage to a Boomer is very critical than for a Charger.

Btw doing automatic bans/kicks, usually can lead to false positives, but is a solution for some modded servers aswell.
Old 01-21-2021 , 12:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.7.1 (20-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
I think he means about reverse FF while both of attacker and victim are on the Infected Team.

In versus, sometimes have griefers that hit you while as infected (for no reason, just "4fun").
Example: Boomer has 50 HP while charger has 600. 50 FF damage to a Boomer is very critical than for a Charger.
Okay, infected friendly-fire. That is not the focus of my plugin, but I will consider it. Maybe with a separate and lower default for infected FF max damage, since infected FF will nearly always be done on purpose, but still allow higher settings for admins who effectively want to disable kicks/bans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Btw doing automatic bans/kicks, usually can lead to false positives, but is a solution for some modded servers aswell.
The bans/kicks only happen if the player exceeds the max damage per chapter, so not really a false positive...it just means that player is too sloppy with their shots (either a griefer or a low skilled player). Keep in mind that the default setup does not count FF against bots or incapacitated players, only upright human players. However, weird things happen sometimes, which is why the default ban time is only 10 minutes.

I've played over a hundred campaign matches with this plugin and have never seen it ban a player that didn't deserve it. Of course, if an admin is using weapon/damage modifiers and/or changing the default cvar values, there could be issues.
Old 01-21-2021 , 20:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.7.1 (20-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
Of course, if an admin is using weapon/damage modifiers and/or changing the default cvar values, there could be issues.
What you can do is add a KeyValues config that allows users to determine the percentage of the original damage done by each weapon that will be inflicted on the attacker. So if someone has an AWP that does 25,000 damage per shot, it can be configured to only inflict 0.1% of the damage (25 HP).

Of course, this would only apply to static modifications. If the damage values of weapons are changed mid-game, then that's not really your plugin's job to worry about. Based on my experience working on Mutant Tanks, there are only so many scenarios you can cover before you have to tell users to adjust their settings to accommodate your plugin. You can't have 'em all.

Your plans for this plugin may involve making it as simple as possible, but if you want to go the route of catering to different server modifications, you'll have to do it this way.
Old 01-21-2021 , 20:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.8 (21-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #46

New version 1.8 released, see original post for download.

21-Jan-2021 v1.8
- Now reverses "friendly-fire" for infected team too.
- New ConVar [reverseff_infectedmaxdmg (default: 110)] for infected maximum damage per chapter before kick/ban.
- Renamed ConVar "reverseff_maxdamage" to indicate it is for survivors. [reverseff_survivormaxdmg (default: 180)].

Since my server rarely runs Versus, I would appreciate feedback from anyone that uses this plugin in Versus mode.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 01-21-2021 at 20:14. Reason: request versus feedback
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-21-2021 , 20:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.7.1 (20-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
What you can do is add a KeyValues config that allows users to determine the percentage of the original damage done by each weapon that will be inflicted on the attacker. So if someone has an AWP that does 25,000 damage per shot, it can be configured to only inflict 0.1% of the damage (25 HP).

Understood.

On the other hand, without this plugin, if you shot a teammate with a weapon that does 25,000 damage it would insta-kill them. Seems only fitting that when using reverse friendly-fire, if you shoot a teammate with a weapon that does 25,000 damage it would insta-kill you instead. With a max value of 999999, you would have to die, get rescued, and shoot your teammates an additional 39 times before you got kicked/banned.
Old 01-22-2021 , 14:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.8 (21-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #48

I'm so sorry, I don't know english I use google translate.
I play in coop mode, my teammates are being attacked by Jockey and I cover for him.
I lost blood while covering him.
How do I turn off "Reverse Friendly-Fire" when I cover a teammate while he is being attacked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzoq6cJi06E
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-22-2021 , 18:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.8 (21-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai0205 View Post
I'm so sorry, I don't know english I use google translate.
I play in coop mode, my teammates are being attacked by Jockey and I cover for him.
I lost blood while covering him.
How do I turn off "Reverse Friendly-Fire" when I cover a teammate while he is being attacked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzoq6cJi06E

I'm not certain, but it appears you shot your teammate one or two times after killing the jockey. I don't think friendly-fire damage exists while a teammate is being attacked by special infected like the hunter, jockey, smoker, and charger. One exception would be the charger where friendly-fire damage continues while the teammate is in the grasp of the charger but before they are being pummeled. Keep in mind if it were possible to turn off reverse friendly-fire for a second after a teammate was attacked by one of those special infected, your teammate would have taken 40+ damage from your shots instead of you. My plugin does not in any way change the behavior of when friendly-fire damage happens...it just waits for friendly-fire to be triggered, examines it, and either does nothing (letting friendly-fire process normally) or reverses it. Again, it does not effect when friendly-fire damage happens, only whether the damage is normal or reversed.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 01-22-2021 at 18:30.
Kai0205
Old 01-23-2021 , 08:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.8 (21-Jan-2021)]
Reply With Quote #50

Thank you very much