Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2009 , 14:34   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Combining Zombie:Reloaded and Zombie Riot into one plugin, is it worth it?

There isn't many differences between Zombie:Reloaded and Zombie Riot, and they can be made as extra optional features in Zombie:Reloaded.

The point is to introduce different game modes, where you have the regular zombie mod game, humans vs. bot zombies, and the days feature in Zombie Riot.

Of course, this is NOT supposed to be made for 3.0, but an idea for feature developing. Reasons to combine those plugins is that they're pretty similar, so updating gets easier.

It would make Zombie:Reloaded the ultimate zombie plugin, but maybe a bloated one too. :S

Any thoughts about this, everyone?

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 05-24-2009 at 14:37.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
hakk
Old 05-27-2009 , 05:21   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Hello Greyscale, long time no see. =)
I wonder is it possible to play escape maps with your plugin? Also i find minor problem with skins.=/
So, when player connect to the server and round is going player will type !zspawn to get into game. After palyer will spawns he will get human skip besides he should get zombie cause people will spawn as a zombie if they come middle of the round. Is there any solution for this?
Regards Hakk
Old 05-28-2009 , 12:13   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

I don't think zspawn can spawn players as zombies.

Just to update you on the news, we're working on version 3. It's a complete rewrite and a lot is done, but there are still stuff we want to have ready for the release. It has that feature to decide what team to respawn on (also for zspawn).

I wrote some documentation for admins and users. Have a look at those if you're interested in the changes, but note that these are INCOMPLETE!

Release date, unknown. Be patient, we want a stable quality release, no quick and dirty work. Of course I hope it will be within a few more weeks.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 05-28-2009 at 12:25.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 12:18   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

is the beta comming soon ?
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2009 , 12:32   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Not sure about the beta, because there are minior issues that must be fixed first.

I want all new features in the beta so we can test them properly before the main release. But of course, we can have two beta releases. Greyscale might have some opinions about this.

In the moment I'm working on volumetric features, and I'm wondering if this is too difficult to have in map configs.

Code:
Syntax:

zr_vol_add <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <type> [params]

Parameters:

zn, yn, zn      Max and min location.
    type            Feature type.
    params          A string with optional parameters:
                        team=all|humans|zombies
                        delay=0
                        effect=none|wireframe|smoke
                        effect_color=0,0,0
                        disabled=0

Example:

zr_vol_add 0 0 0 100 200 300 anticamp team=humans delay=5 effect=wireframe effect_color=255,0,0
The example is how a command might look like, but with more options for each feature. The first numbers is the coordinates for the volume, and the rest is type and additional data. I had to start use names on optional parameters so it's easier to write and read the command. Any opinions about this layout (bad/good)?

Last edited by rhelgeby; 05-28-2009 at 12:41.
hakk
Old 05-29-2009 , 09:49   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

is it possible to play also ze maps with this 3.0 version? or is it just for zm maps?
Old 05-29-2009 , 09:57   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

it will be possible ofcourse
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2009 , 23:07   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

It's possible of course, but after the nuke players will respawn as zombies, depending on the settings.

What I'm worried about when it comes to ze maps, is servers with hlstats. The nuke will make a player suicide, and that's bad for stats.

I'm wondering if theres a way to not report suicides on certain maps. I've thought of modifying the hlstats plugin to allow disabling of suicide log events on certain maps, but I'm not quite sure how hlstats collect those stats (I think it parses some log files, but I'm not sure).

tnbporsche911
Old 05-30-2009 , 21:52   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Hello all I have a quick question. I installed Zombie reloaded in my server and everything seems to be working correctly except every time the map changes the mod resets all players to the default class regardless of which one they choose on the previous map. Is this normal or is something wrong with my install?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by tnbporsche911; 05-30-2009 at 21:55.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2009 , 05:36   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Use the latest patch and put this in your ZR cfg :

zr_classes_default "random"

This will give your players random classes until they choose their own from the menu.

Closed Thread