Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] plugin cfg files appearing in console window upon startup

Post New Thread Reply   

Servermanager
Old 12-10-2022 , 01:18   [L4D2] plugin cfg files appearing in console window upon startup
Reply With Quote #1

Hi

I've just basically dumped a bunch of plugins into their respective places. The server runs and starts and is stable however I'm getting the output of the sourcemod plugins cfg files in my server's console window when starting it. I've run srcds_run command line string directly with > log.txt appended to it so you can see what I see when I start the server.

I'll paste the plugins used on the server also.

It begs to question weather or not these plugins are actually running at all, this is a new server and I haven't yet had the time to check them all. I did notice that the christmas tree one doesn't spawn a christmas tree it just spawns a red present box. It does save its config and the location on the map correctly but there is no christmas tree.

I did check the map changer one and that works fine. Also checked a few others such as healing cola and that works fine. Also weather works fine. The plugins appear to be working fine for the most part its just irking me that their cfg files are getting outputted to the console on startup.

Its running on an ubuntu ovh VPS for the time being.

Got a lot of problems. Need them fixed. Ty.
Attached Files
File Type: txt censored-log.txt (40.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: txt censored-server.cfg.txt (496 Bytes, 38 views)
File Type: txt sm plugins output.txt (3.0 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Servermanager; 12-10-2022 at 01:31.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-10-2022 , 02:29   Re: [L4D2] plugin cfg files appearing in console window upon startup
Reply With Quote #2

I've had this problem before but I don't exactly remember what was causing it, I think it was a malformed config. Try renaming the "cfgs/sourcemod" folder and starting the server. See If that fixes it. You could try using the "Cvar Configs Updater" plugin with the cvar set to comment out default values. If either of those work, slowly start adding/overwriting the previous configs until you find the one causing it.

Since the first output is from "l4d2_cola" I would try looking at that config and see if it's missing a " or the comments are wrong or deleting it entirely and letting the plugin generate again.

Please let us know what the issue was and how it was resolved.

Edit: I just recalled I think it was a bad character within one of the configs. This happened to be from one of my plugins a while back, I don't recall if that issue was present in the released version or just a bad config I had setup. If the plugins of mine are from an old backup or something, I suggest grabbing my "Plugin Updates Checker" plugin and verifying you have the latest plugins of mine and then I would recommend the "Cvar Configs Updater" to make fresh configs whist retaining your previous settings. Although if it is a config issue that might break somewhere, so please let me know if that's the case.

Last edited by Silvers; 12-10-2022 at 02:32.
Servermanager
Old 12-10-2022 , 13:53   Re: [L4D2] plugin cfg files appearing in console window upon startup
Reply With Quote #3

I moved all of the manually uploaded cfg files to a cfg_backups folder within the cfg/sourcemod folder and let the plugins regenerate all of them and that worked 100%. Thanks heaps!

Maybe my uploading the cfg files from a windows system corrupted the cfg files. I will have to change the configs from within a ssh console using vi or editor from now on.

Thanks for your help and hopefully this thread will help others in solving this problem.