Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Berserker Mode V1.6.8 (Updated 12/13/2010)

Post New Thread Reply   

honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-02-2010 , 17:06   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/01/10)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
Ok I'll try that -- thanks!
Wait, i found out the problem. The timer that checked for berserker and retrieved the god mode was being create on debug mode only. Dumb error from me, im sorry, please, try the new version. (one sec, uploading)
Cuthbert
Old 06-02-2010 , 17:10   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #42

Ah great, thanks again.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-02-2010 , 17:15   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #43

uploaded it, try now please. Keep reporting errors tho. BTW!, the healing problem hapens when the players damage property is setted to 0 (Spectator mode), so, it cannot be healed, damaged, or anything.
Cuthbert
Old 06-02-2010 , 21:31   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #44

Got the latest version -- works perrrrrrfect. People love this plugin too.

I've got it set to just provide the effects of adrenaline every time someone gets 9 melee kills within 9 seconds. It's good for those clinch moments when mobs are swarming, and it gives people a strong incentive to use their melee weapon.
Cuthbert
Old 06-03-2010 , 11:56   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #45

I just had an idea for this plugin, tell me what you think and if it'd be possible. Would you be able to make it so that Berserk had different levels - so that the player could gain more special abilities by killing more infected within a given timeframe?

So for example, the player might reach level 1 Berserk by killing 10 infected with melee inside of 10 seconds (10 seconds being the setting of the reset timer). The player could then reach level 2 berserk by killing an additional 20 infected before their level 1 Berserk times out (I have the time to Berserk set to 19 seconds). Level 2 Berserk could last 30 seconds, and the player could be required to kill 30 infected before it runs out to reach level 3.

The reward system could be structured this way:

Level 1: just the effects of adrenaline

Level 2: effects of adrenaline + faster melee speed and reload speed

Level 3: effects of adrenaline +faster melee and reload speed + laser sight and fire bullets

That's just an example, but I'd probably structure it something like that in my server.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 06-03-2010 at 12:00.
Cuthbert
Old 06-03-2010 , 12:57   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #46

I just noticed that faster melee speed is no longer on your list of ideas for the plugin -- are you still planning to develop it?
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-03-2010 , 18:26   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
I just noticed that faster melee speed is no longer on your list of ideas for the plugin -- are you still planning to develop it?
I dont have any clue of how to do that, but, when i finish the other 2, i will work on it. Guess ill add it anyway
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-03-2010 , 18:32   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
I just had an idea for this plugin, tell me what you think and if it'd be possible. Would you be able to make it so that Berserk had different levels - so that the player could gain more special abilities by killing more infected within a given timeframe?

So for example, the player might reach level 1 Berserk by killing 10 infected with melee inside of 10 seconds (10 seconds being the setting of the reset timer). The player could then reach level 2 berserk by killing an additional 20 infected before their level 1 Berserk times out (I have the time to Berserk set to 19 seconds). Level 2 Berserk could last 30 seconds, and the player could be required to kill 30 infected before it runs out to reach level 3.

The reward system could be structured this way:

Level 1: just the effects of adrenaline

Level 2: effects of adrenaline + faster melee speed and reload speed

Level 3: effects of adrenaline +faster melee and reload speed + laser sight and fire bullets

That's just an example, but I'd probably structure it something like that in my server.
The current structure is:

kill count or dmg count increases by 1 on every zombie kill or player hit.
When one of them reaches a GOAL, berserker will be usable or enabled automaticly. If a timer is set, and the goal is not reached on that time, the kill and dmg count will be resetted.

So, let me understand it, you want(example):

1)Kill count reaches a GOAL (lvl 1), berserker is enabled, berserker is over and a new timer of X seconds is enabled to reach a new GOAL (lvl 2), then, a second berserker is enabled, and so on until lvl 3. Is that right?

Or maybe you want:

2)Kill count reaches a GOAL (lvl 1,), berserker is ready to use. Player keeps killing zombies (kill count 2) until a new goal is reached (within the specific time), so on until lvl 3 berserker is enabled.

Is any of those? or another one?
Herokim
Old 06-04-2010 , 06:10   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #49

This plugin have faster melee swinging. You can ask author for permmision to use part of this code.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1187539

Hope I helped at little.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-04-2010 , 11:34   Re: [L4D2] Berserker Mode (Updated 06/02/10)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herokim View Post
This plugin have faster melee swinging. You can ask author for permmision to use part of this code.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1187539

Hope I helped at little.
Alright, thanks for the info.

If he doesnt agree ill research a method by myself