Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-23-2018 , 20:57   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
I'm not even level 20... This means extra harm.
Sorry maybe i was using the wrong word i haven't played csgo in a hot minute. The thing that you have to exp for just to play ranked.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2018 , 21:51   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
I'm not even level 20... This means extra harm.
Yeah, people who are running community servers are not wasting their time playing in valve servers
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-23-2018 , 22:38   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Yeah, people who are running community servers are not wasting their time playing in valve servers
Still the point is to not have idle bots generate a ton of tokens for others to use etc if you have to actually play the game for a bit before generating them.
I guess it comes down to if you like using the weaponskin plugins for this idea.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-23-2018 , 22:40   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #134

seems good . I don't wanna waste money on black market tokens anymore =)) using those ws knife plugin drag down the server performance anyway, players wanting it, if none server use it anymore , that will be so good.
Old 07-23-2018 , 22:47   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
been playing CS since 1.4 and im level 9 (stopped playing when CSGO came out pretty much).
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2018 , 09:17   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #136

Exactly why requiring level 20 is such a bad idea. You're a HUGE server owner and you're only level 4.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-24-2018 , 10:02   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Exactly why requiring level 20 is such a bad idea. You're a HUGE server owner and you're only level 4.
Requiring level 20 is not really bad; trading cards are so simple, and if you can afford running a server, you can also afford the small $5-10 (probably even less) it may require, for you to upgrade to level 20.

There are many tools available, calculating things for you, so you don't even have to look long for going to cheapest way to level 20.

Completing the "Community Leader" badge, by verifying your mail, your phone number, adding steam guard mobile (you can turn it off again), comment a friend's profile, and various other things, you'll already have 5 levels here (low level profiles).

So requiring less than 20 would make it "very easy" to still go on with what you are looking to get away by limiting things more.

The point of the limitations/requirements would obviously be to get a rid of the servers violating the rules, not to keep them.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-24-2018 , 10:29   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Requiring level 20 is not really bad; trading cards are so simple, and if you can afford running a server, you can also afford the small $5-10 (probably even less) it may require, for you to upgrade to level 20.

There are many tools available, calculating things for you, so you don't even have to look long for going to cheapest way to level 20.

Completing the "Community Leader" badge, by verifying your mail, your phone number, adding steam guard mobile (you can turn it off again), comment a friend's profile, and various other things, you'll already have 5 levels here (low level profiles).

So requiring less than 20 would make it "very easy" to still go on with what you are looking to get away by limiting things more.

The point of the limitations/requirements would obviously be to get a rid of the servers violating the rules, not to keep them.
I wasn't talking about the steam level, I was talking about the csgo profile level that you get from playing on valve servers such as competitive. I guess they are seen as "ranks" http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Profile_Rank
Rank 10 would be a good point also instead of 20. However it still baffles me that none of you all played any of the operations when they were out.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-24-2018 , 11:05   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
I wasn't talking about the steam level, I was talking about the csgo profile level that you get from playing on valve servers such as competitive. I guess they are seen as "ranks" http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Profile_Rank
Rank 10 would be a good point also instead of 20. However it still baffles me that none of you all played any of the operations when they were out.
Aw, that rank.... I'm rank 19, and that took, ... quite a while.

I understood it as being the Steam level, seeing as that GSLT's are not only used for CSGO, but also TF2, etc. And can (if you want to) be used for favorites migration of CS:S and various other games too...
Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to limit it to certain things of a specific game, unless of course, there would be different limitations/requirements per App ID.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-24-2018 , 11:22   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
I understood it as being the Steam level, seeing as that GSLT's are not only used for CSGO, but also TF2, etc. And can (if you want to) be used for favorites migration of CS:S and various other games too...
Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to limit it to certain things of a specific game, unless of course, there would be different limitations/requirements per App ID.
Good point, I just feel like there should be some kind of game-related restriction to prevent the token generators from creating a new account and immediately being able to create new tokens to share around. Maybe just playtime in the game would be "good enough" or even just owning the game for more than a month.