Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

State of the AMX Mod X

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 04-22-2004 , 23:33   State of the AMX Mod X

From now on, I'd like to keep track of bugs efficiently so we can fix them as possible. If you have a real bug report, please use the SourceForge Bug Tracker:
Click here for Bug Tracker. This will help us figure out what needs to be done very efficiently, and it will stop people from posting random bugs multiple times in the forums where developers will forget.

Feel free to use SourceForge's Feature Request system as well. This should be for core AMX Mod X features, not plugin requests!

Since we had a release-often, release-early policy, people are beginning to wonder, "Where is teh AMX Mod X 0.20?". AMX Mod X 0.20 is essentially split into these phases:
  • Bug Fixes
  • New Module API
  • Module conversion
  • Documentation
  • New modules
  • Beta-testing
  • Package, release
The new Module API (the brainchild of PM) is nearly complete. It took a _long_ time to do, as it is very comprehensive. The module conversion comes next, and well, you can read the rest of that. The new version should be out in 2-3 weeks, although that is not a promise, that is an estimate (stuff happens).

Thanks for sticking with us.
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2004 , 01:23  

Just to be sure because the long overdue fix for HE grenades (This should have been AN IMMEDIATE FIX for any serious server wanting to use AMXX, and I dont run a serious server except for CAL matches) is keeping me from using AMXX currently. We will not see AMXX 0.2 for 2-3 weeks STILL ? In this time can we expect to have the HE grenades, GEOIP module and others things addressed since I dont see a list of your current issues/fixes.

I went to the bugs page you posted (Which is a disaster for normal users) and dont see this on the list so I cannot tell if things are being worked on. I will add the HE crashbug daily if it helps, GEOIP would be nice but isn't keeping me from using AMXX.

Vic/DT

A great outline is not a great plan !
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2004 , 01:30  

He crash bug? What did i miss

Anyways ANY page hosted on SF.net is going to be a disaster for anyone trying to use it. The designer of sf.net should be beaten.

Anyways, good to hear AMXX is still steaming a ahead. Im wondering, will the new module api break support for "old" modules?
BAILOPAN
Old 04-23-2004 , 01:32  

Don't post bugs in this thread! That wasn't the point! If you have a bug, the point was to post it in the tracker so we can actively discuss, analyze, and keep track of what bugs need to be fixed. This is a revision control system much like CVS, except for bugs. I don't think I could have made this any more clearer.

If people are posting bugs randomly in random places, it is much harder to keep track of what needs to be fixed, what has been fixed, and when things were fixed.
Old 04-23-2004 , 01:34  

1) SF is designed fine if your IQ is higher than 17... it's fairly simple to drop a post in the bug tracker. If you see, someone already did (and this is what prompted me to start using it). SF doesn't have the most efficient design, but that's -1, Offtopic. I mean really, how hard is it? "Submit New", fill out the form. It's not rocket science.

2) No, PM made it so old modules will still work.
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2004 , 02:17  

finnaly a semi decent way to track bugs.
Old 04-23-2004 , 02:53  

Couldnt you just code throught phpbb forums a bug tracker?

QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2004 , 03:13  

why bother just use whats there it works..
Old 04-23-2004 , 03:30  

I don't have time to implement things that have been 10000 times... I use what's available
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2004 , 04:05  

Yea I know right now its easier to use wat is ready, but maybe in the future>?

Closed Thread