Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Notice about Porting Plugins

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 07-18-2004 , 22:10   Notice about Porting Plugins

Devicenull has made us aware of this issue so I'm relaying it in a news post.

This is a general notice about porting plugins. Lately people have been taking old AMX plugins and simply changing the includes or even using already ported AMXx plugins.

This is a "no-no". If you are going to port someone's old plugin, you must be ready to take the responsibility of upkeeping it, making bug-fixes, and making sure it works. Otherwise porting it is pretty pointless and is just added clutter. This isn't to say "don't port", porting is very helpful, but only if it's done properly.

People who continually post ported or copied plugins and do not take responsibility will be SWOOPED and GRASPED from the plugin pool. Thanks for understanding.
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2004 , 22:19  

YAY!!!!!

If I see dead (not maintained) ported plugins and I have my own fixed version of the same thing can I request to take it over ?

I Don't know if I have any right now but it saddens me to see good plugins go down the crapper because of a bad port. Then if someone else were to try and post a fixed version they get flamed for posting a duplicate plugin.
Old 07-18-2004 , 22:28  

Yes.