[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2013 , 13:02   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3871

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilumos View Post
Is it possible to run a normal server alongside a gungame server?

I try to specify "gungame_enabled 0" in my normal server's config, but it starts up as gungame anyway.

How can I start my normal server in non-gungame mode automatically, without having to type in gg_disable every time I launch it?

Thanks in advance!
Surely you can, but you'll have to tell us how you'd like to trigger gungame? You can just disable gungame I believe by setting the key value to zero:

/* Enables/Disables GunGame Mod */
"Enabled" "1"

This is in your gungame.cinfig,txt file. I'd think you'd have to change the map, or perhaps even restart the server if you go that route.

There are some other ways, including some built into gungame, and others built into sourcemod to do it. On my server, the gungame plugins don't load until a gg_ map is loaded.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
ilumos
Old 01-09-2013 , 16:39   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Surely you can, but you'll have to tell us how you'd like to trigger gungame?
I have two batch files, "start_css_standard.bat" and "start_css_gungame.bat":

Code:
srcds.exe -console -game "cstrike" -port 27015 -maxplayers 12 +exec css_standard.cfg
Code:
srcds.exe -console -game "cstrike" -port 27015 -maxplayers 12 +exec css_gungame.cfg
And the configs to match:

Code:
// css_standard.cfg
hostname		"CSS Standard"
mp_roundtime	5
mp_maxrounds	10

map de_dust
Code:
// css_gungame.cfg
hostname "CSS Gungame" 
map de_dust
gungame_enabled 1
But currently specifying gungame_enabled 1 isn't working, perhaps being called too early to take effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
You can just disable gungame I believe by setting the key value to zero:

/* Enables/Disables GunGame Mod */
"Enabled" "1"

This is in your gungame.config.txt file. I'd think you'd have to change the map, or perhaps even restart the server if you go that route.
Yep I've set that key value to zero, so now both my servers start as standard CS by default which is half good.

How can I make a launch shortcut that loads gungame on launch, even with that key set to 0?
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2013 , 02:24   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3873

Quote:
I have two batch files, "start_css_standard.bat" and "start_css_gungame.bat":

Code:
srcds.exe -console -game "cstrike" -port 27015 -maxplayers 12 +exec css_standard.cfg
Code:
srcds.exe -console -game "cstrike" -port 27015 -maxplayers 12 +exec css_gungame.cfg
And the configs to match:

Code:
// css_standard.cfg
hostname		"CSS Standard"
mp_roundtime	5
mp_maxrounds	10

map de_dust
Code:
// css_gungame.cfg
hostname "CSS Gungame" 
map de_dust
gungame_enabled 1
But currently specifying gungame_enabled 1 isn't working, perhaps being called too early to take effect.

Yep I've set that key value to zero, so now both my servers start as standard CS by default which is half good.

How can I make a launch shortcut that loads gungame on launch, even with that key set to 0?
Check with Altex for sure, but I don't think that's a good idea to try to disable gungame before the plugins have even loaded. In order for that to work, you'd probably have to comment something out in gungame.config.txt, which is why I don't think that's the way to go. I'd look up recent info on the +exec as well, seems like there was something flaky about that switch, which may have been a Valve update to SRCDS. If you're going to use batch files, you're probably better off making 3 copies of server.cfg, say like server,cfg, server.gg, & server.css. Then just use the copy command to overwrite the server.cfg file with your custom server.* file.

You'd want to put you gungame plugins in the disabled folder, and load them with lines in you server.cfg for gungame. This way, gungame won't load at all unless you run that server.cfg.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
ilumos
Old 01-10-2013 , 13:28   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3874

So I've ended up using this, and it works fantastically:

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple_...rs_(SourceMod)

Quote:
You can have multiple copies of SourceMod in your "addons" folder, however. For example, you can have addons/sourcemod1 and addons/sourcemod2. There are two ways to make this work.
Specify +sm_basepath on the server command line. For example:

Code:
srcds -game tf +maxplayers 12 +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod2
If you are looking to save space or unify certain files that you know will not change, use symlinks. On Linux/FreeBSD this is the ln -s command (man ln). On Windows Vista or 2008 Server, this is mklink from the command prompt.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bittersweet!
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2013 , 13:46   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3875

Quote:
So I've ended up using this, and it works fantastically:

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple_...rs_(SourceMod)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bittersweet!
Whatever works for you. Having the two copies of SM seems like a bit much to me, but too each their own. That might turn out to be a double-pain when an update of SM is required. Having gungame load when a gungame map loads seems easier and more user friendly, though there is a small amount of maintenance required when adding a new map or adding/changes to gungame pluigns. Anyway, glad you have it working how you like it.

My plugins:
Sheepdude
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2013 , 14:47   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3876

Here's a little plugin I made for my server that disables leveling up unless 2 or more people are connected (to prevent people from farming wins off bots in an empty server).
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gg_humansonly.sp - 121 views - 1.9 KB)
File Type: smx gg_humansonly.smx (2.9 KB, 117 views)
Old 01-18-2013 , 18:14   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdude View Post
Here's a little plugin I made for my server that disables leveling up unless 2 or more people are connected (to prevent people from farming wins off bots in an empty server).
Is this for CS:S, CS:GO, or both? I'm not sure what you are calling "farming" in this case. What would be the difference if the server operator just removed BOTs from the mix? I haven't looked at the source or anything, but I'm missing the point of either what it does or why you created it. I heard "farming", but to what end would a person "farm"? To pad the Steam K/D? Those stats seem to be reset from time to time, I know mine are not correct. Then again, no other scheme I've seen keeps track and accurately reports a lifetime K/D, at least not yet.

My plugins:
iPodRx
Old 01-22-2013 , 06:03   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3878

So there is one thing I am unable to get to work, game description overide GameDesc.

I have the latest SDK Hooks 2.2 installed and running the gungame_sdkhooks.smx

I am getting no errors in console and server is running perfectly otherwise.

If this is broken, can anyone recommend a plugin that would work for this.

Last edited by iPodRx; 01-22-2013 at 06:05.
Send a message via Skype™ to iPodRx
Sheepdude
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-22-2013 , 14:14   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3879

SteamTools Game Description Override
Old 01-22-2013 , 15:01   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #3880

I assume that means it is broken, thank you very much for the recommendation.
Send a message via Skype™ to iPodRx