Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Bane:The Anti-Cheat(Formerly known as AMXXGuard):dev thread:

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2004 , 01:14   Bane:The Anti-Cheat(Formerly known as AMXXGuard):dev thread:

DISCLAIMER:
Bane: The Anti-Cheat is in no way affiliated with AMX Mod X or it's development team other than running as a plugin of the software.

Well, it's been a little while since I've posted some news about Bane(Formerly AMXXGuard), the first issue is the one obvious one. The name of the project had to be changed due to conflicts in the gaming community, we in correlation with other members of the community figured that, AMXXGuard might be confused as a ripoff of HLGuard, which it most certainly is not. For those of you whom entered the logo contest I sincerely apologize, though I encourage you to submit your new logo ideas for the new project title "Bane: The Anti-Cheat" is it's full title. Second issue is the forums, considering the recent crash of the AMXXGuard forums and the title change I will be removing them and putting up new ones, hopefully more stable ones. The third order of business is that the team still needs scripters and code writers, progress is moving really slow without so those of you interested in the position please PM {NM}JRBLOODMIST. The fourth part of this news post and also the last is that 'Bane: The Anti-Cheat' team is now looking for a website designer, I can do forums fine on my own, but designing a high quality web site is above me. Please note that the anti-cheat can also be referred to as "Bane" as well (and yes I had to add this in so people wouldn't go around typing out "Bane: The Anti-Cheat" all the time )

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-11-2004 , 01:36  

Project : Bane: The Anti-Cheat :dev thred :
Bane: The Anti-Cheat
Dev Team
{NM}JRBLOODMIST AkA Jason : Project Director
FlyingMongoose: Public Relataions : Web and Fourm host : Web Dev:
AssKicR: Dev: very good coder and AMX veteran
Fean0r : Plugin code that will help out alot : thanks again
as of now this is our team sorta
WE NEED APPS plz apply

i know theres some one else . i forgot .

in the next week we will me posting every thing that can be done with Bane and how its going to work.
thanks for all your support and See you on the boards:

JRBLOODMIST
over and OUT
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
[FBX]
Old 06-11-2004 , 02:00  

please dont make it like HLguard where it kicked you for having aliases or something like that. I absolutely hate HLgaurd servers because they are run by ignorant admins who believe that a simple script program somehow is better at preventing cheaters than VAC...

I also really hate when they change my net settings and block commands by creating aliases too. (like for example, changing cl_updaterate to 20 and then blocking it... or kicking me for an "alias" that I use to prevent servers from changing my sound settings.)
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-11-2004 , 02:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FBX
]please dont make it like HLguard where it kicked you for having aliases or something like that. I absolutely hate HLgaurd servers because they are run by ignorant admins who believe that a simple script program somehow is better at preventing cheaters than VAC...

I also really hate when they change my net settings and block commands by creating aliases too. (like for example, changing cl_updaterate to 20 and then blocking it... or kicking me for an "alias" that I use to prevent servers from changing my sound settings.)
i think your SOL
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2004 , 02:25  

eh i liked AMXXGuard name better
Old 06-11-2004 , 02:43  

well this started out as "Cheating-Bane" then I realized wait a minute that's the same EXACT meaning as "Cheating-Death" so decided to scrap that and just went with "Bane: The Anti-Cheat" or Bane for short

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Cool438
Old 06-11-2004 , 20:00  

Is there a way to implement HlGuard/Steamban's blacklist over to Bane? If there is, it will ban more cheaters.
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-11-2004 , 20:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool438
Is there a way to implement HlGuard/Steamban's blacklist over to Bane? If there is, it will ban more cheaters.
no talks about that have started...
|2ob
Old 06-11-2004 , 20:02  

its it copyrighted? i mean you would have to strike a deal with these 2 projects to get them... or just steal them when you sign up for both.
64.247.24.125:27015

Visit Vitrus's Clan Site!

I would put more, but they have a limit on chars
Send a message via AIM to |2ob Send a message via MSN to |2ob
Cool438
Old 06-11-2004 , 20:04  

If the blacklists are merged into Bane, then you wouldn't need to worry about the script and alias detecting problems with HLGuard . HLGuard and Steambans only blacklists people for definite cheats.
Closed Thread