Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)

Post New Thread Reply   

krazyk
Old 12-30-2011 , 19:27   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2311

Does this work with bots?
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-30-2011 , 22:14   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2312

Bots get to use the main menu 4 or 5 times each spawn. What they do is completely random, but they are able to do anything that normal players can do.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
Killer12201
Old 12-31-2011 , 03:05   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2313

I like the new beta but the only problem I had when I tested it was that it would lag on round starts and every once in awhile throughout the rounds. There was never a crash and I got no errors. We had about 10-12 players on at the time if that would make a difference.

I really like what your doing with the mod but the only problem a lot of people complained about was the fact that you had to do so much while your also trying to kill other players. It also makes people spawn camp a lot more.
Old 12-31-2011 , 19:02   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2314

Maybe there should be a command for it to be auto. Like you go further in the map or w.e just by killing people and it does it for you by pokerank? idk the 2.0 yet i havnt tried it yet besides the server and i can see that being an issue but my idea it can be easier...

but i like the new skills and gj

Last edited by krazyk; 12-31-2011 at 19:04.
Killer12201
Old 01-01-2012 , 16:29   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2315

Yeah a lot said it took too much button pressing while your trying to play the game. I still think its pretty sick how it is set up but it takes a bit to get used to. I took it of the main server and I want to get a small server up for it so people who want to can play it and test it out.
Old 01-02-2012 , 13:03   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2316

me (hib) and Liinuus have actually been working on modifying the gameplay to 2.0 and make a version in between rc2 and 2.0.. We've been doing this prolly as soon as emp released the beta since what Killer said is partially true, but anyways we hope to get this version soon..

Note to everyone who's not emp: I have been put in charge along with linnus to finish the 2.0 beta skills and port them over as well as finishing the map objectives of the towns, so most likely ill have the finished 2.0 done soon
(new skills, items, and pokemons)
- Buy Xp - Link
Killer12201
Old 01-04-2012 , 05:18   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2317

+1 to the map objectives. I really like how you have to deliver the parcel to Oak before you can buy Pokeballs. More stuff should be added like that so that it is more similar to the game. Even if it is a lot of button pressing the time it takes to travel between towns gives you time to do stuff in the game. I honestly think that the travel times should be increased if it isn't a wait that says after this round.

One thing I think needs to be changed is the fact that you can't heal besides at your PC or Home. We didn't progress far enough in the map to figure out so if I'm wrong please correct me but PokeCenters need to be added (like I said didn't progress far in the map). If you die and don't have potions it sends you back to Home which can take a long time to progress where you were.
Old 01-04-2012 , 07:53   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2318

Buyxp for pokemod

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=175274

or in my attachments
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (pm_buyxp_menu.sma - 603 views - 4.4 KB)

Free Australian FASTDL Server PM ME
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-04-2012 , 12:15   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer12201 View Post
+1 to the map objectives. I really like how you have to deliver the parcel to Oak before you can buy Pokeballs. More stuff should be added like that so that it is more similar to the game. Even if it is a lot of button pressing the time it takes to travel between towns gives you time to do stuff in the game.
I am glad you like it. They are not too hard to do (if you learn PokeScript), I would suggest trying to learn how I did the Oak's Parcel stuff.

Quote:
I honestly think that the travel times should be increased if it isn't a wait that says after this round.
Travel times increase the further you go in the game, and if you have a bicycle, it goes twice as fast.

Quote:
One thing I think needs to be changed is the fact that you can't heal besides at your PC or Home. We didn't progress far enough in the map to figure out so if I'm wrong please correct me but PokeCenters need to be added (like I said didn't progress far in the map). If you die and don't have potions it sends you back to Home which can take a long time to progress where you were.
If you heal at a PokeCenter, that is where you will be teleported to when all your pokemon faint.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
lobopack23
Old 01-05-2012 , 00:09   Re: PokeMod v1.2.3 RC for Public (June 25, 2008)
Reply With Quote #2320

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskemo View Post
Buyxp for pokemod

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=175274

or in my attachments
this is kinda old..i already posted a buy xp plugin a while ago lol.. and its much better coded in my opinion
(new skills, items, and pokemons)
- Buy Xp - Link