Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Problems Installing MetaMod

Post New Thread Reply   

ratinthehat86
Old 01-26-2012 , 20:39   Problems Installing MetaMod
Reply With Quote #1

I host LAN parties every once in a while and I have run metamod and sourcemod before for day of defeat source and counter strike source with no problem. I just recently tried to re-install metamod and source mod without luck. I've installed them both exactly as the instructions said to and the same way I had installed them before but whenever I type "meta version" into the console, for counter strike source in this case, it just says meta is an unknown command. I have heard people say that you can't install it any more since a recent steam update but I think that is just bs. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

ratinthehat86
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-27-2012 , 00:49   Re: Problems Installing MetaMod
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinthehat86 View Post
I host LAN parties every once in a while and I have run metamod and sourcemod before for day of defeat source and counter strike source with no problem. I just recently tried to re-install metamod and source mod without luck. I've installed them both exactly as the instructions said to and the same way I had installed them before but whenever I type "meta version" into the console, for counter strike source in this case, it just says meta is an unknown command. I have heard people say that you can't install it any more since a recent steam update but I think that is just bs. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

ratinthehat86
Recent CSS updates moved the main CSS folder from orangebox/cstrike to css/cstrike. Make sure you're installing MetaMod and SourceMod to the latter directory structure (I've heard sometimes the orangebox directory gets left behind after the update).
Old 01-27-2012 , 20:20   Re: Problems Installing MetaMod
Reply With Quote #3

This is the path I'm usin
Steam/steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike/addons
Oamaok
Old 02-13-2012 , 09:41   Re: Problems Installing MetaMod
Reply With Quote #4

You have to launch your game with -insecure parameter. That's how I fixed it. You can't connect to VAC secure servers with it, though.
Dain
Old 05-20-2012 , 11:30   Re: Problems Installing MetaMod
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinthehat86 View Post

ratinthehat86
Did you get this fixed? I'm having the exact same problem. This is my second day of working on this phantom problem and I'm really starting to lose my mind.