Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 08-10-2014 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] TF2beta06 Gameplay (1.0 2014-07-29)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Then what's the point? I'm not looking for an old content, but old mechanics, so libs must be the same. Putting it as a (source)mod makes more sense.
*groaaaaan* Really? Must I explain further? Okayyyy.

It has old mechanics. Its just stock weapons and the original maps from the 360 version. Theres no airblasting or hauling because that stuff wasnt in the 360 version.

The DLLs are from an OLD version of TF2 (like the 20th update). When I said "new version" I meant a few versions up from v0. The reason for different DLLs is because the DLLs from v0 that TF2 needs to even be able to launch did not work. So the DLLs from v1, v2, etc were tested until working DLLs were found.

The rest of the game is from Version 0 which is the earliest known version of TF2 on Steam's depots (before Valve closed those depots off when SteamPipe came for TF2). The v0 depot is most likely from after the 2006/2007 playtest versions. Heck, it may even be a playtester version because all the scrapped weapon textures were removed in the version 1 depot (I checked, a friend has the depots for version 0 up to like 200-something (or around october 2013).

You could possibly distribute the playable v0 to a few friends and then mess around with the 2007 SDK and make a server using v0 files for no upgradable teleporters/dispensers, no airblasts, no cosmetics, no hauling, etc.