Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Statistical
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Track campaign run times between safe areas.
    Old 10-05-2016 , 10:08   L4D2 Runtime: A Timer to Track Campaign Map and Total time
    Reply With Quote #1

I completely rewrote this plugin and it works very well for me. I wish to share it here with those of you that are looking for the same features. Runtime is meant to track players from the moment the first player moves up until the last player is guaranteed safe. When you see a "Blame: PlayerName" hint don't be alarmed, it only means that player moved first and started the timer. When a round has ended the time for that round will show up on your bottom left as a chat message.

Chat Triggers
    • runtime blame // shows who moved first and started the timer
    • runtime now // shows the time tracked for the current round
    • runtime * // Will list all the rounds tracked so far
    • runtime [ N | -N] // Shows time for round N (-N e.g, -1, shows last round)
    • runtime -rnow // This will fire up a vote to reset the current round timer
    • runtime -rall // This will fire up a vote to reset ALL rounds tracked

There are some features I do wish to implement in the near future.
    • Permanently record times and pull them up later with runtime best
    • Permanently record players responsible for the best time runtime who
    • Disable Runtime on all other game modes or enhance it to work with them (undecided)

There are some campaigns that allow you to move while a scene is playing out. If this triggers the timer when it shouldn't have, don't blame runtime but the campaign. Death Toilet Maze is a good example that allows you to move while a scene plays out and there is nothing I can do to get around this. If you're bit by it, use the runtime -rnow or runtime -rall to reset the round or campaign respectively.

Check out my GitLab Runtime page
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx runtime.smx (9.3 KB, 648 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (runtime.sp - 1322 views - 6.0 KB)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 02-08-2017 at 15:09. Reason: Updated Files and Post
    Spirit_12
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-05-2016 , 13:25   Re: L4D2 Runtime: A Timer to Track Campaign Map and Total time
    Reply With Quote #2

I could be wrong here, but stripper does have the ability to add player_left_start_area. The other option would be to see where survivors spawn. I think Acemod has implemented that, so you may want to take a look at that.

Are you checking for team death or just starting the timer at round start? Seems like you are missing a small check.
    Old 10-05-2016 , 13:53   Re: L4D2 Runtime: A Timer to Track Campaign Map and Total time
    Reply With Quote #3

I'll check stripper and Acemod later. I've spent quite a bit of unexpected time on this mod as to be honest I mentioned this idea to a friend that just wrote up the foundation to it in about an hour. He then passed it onto me and said good luck. I don't truly understand the language and I didn't expect this mod to fall from the sky but it really did.

The current timer doesn't fire until either player_left_start_area and/or door_unlocked is triggered. As for the timer resetting during a round in which the team dies is intended and not a bug. The time tracking only tracks successful runs between safe areas.

Thanks for checking it out
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 02-08-2017 , 15:09   Re: L4D2 Runtime: A Timer to Track Campaign Map and Total time
    Reply With Quote #4

Fellas, I rewrote this plugin from scratch and it's ready to blossom. I hope you enjoy