Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 4/12/2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-17-2018 , 10:22   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPower View Post
just log no ban action sourcebans++ 1.6.3 pre not working
SB++ "had" breaking changes that would eventually end up on eliminating the compatibility with the "official" SourceBans.

That was fixed a little week ago though, as you can read @ SB++, Post #1222.

I cannot confirm or deny that this may have something to do with the issues you see (if the changs has been pushed out to the public). The changes that was made means that Cow's Anti Cheat as well as every plugin that should work with SB++ will need a little rewrite, in order to check whether it is actually "SourceBans", "SouceBans++" or any other plugin that they are working with. It's a very simple change though, simply doing the same as currently but with other "library" names.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Kinsi
Old 03-17-2018 , 18:02   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #362

Should maybe consider creating a Github repo for this. Was gonna contribute a couple of things, namely:

Setting to only log, no ban. Setting to disable the chat detection messages. Forward for detections to use in external plugins.
Old 03-17-2018 , 18:13   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsi View Post
Should maybe consider creating a Github repo for this. Was gonna contribute a couple of things, namely:

Setting to only log, no ban. Setting to disable the chat detection messages. Forward for detections to use in external plugins.
there's already a repo https://github.com/eedson/Cow-Anti-Cheat
Old 03-17-2018 , 19:10   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
I cannot confirm or deny that this may have something to do with the issues you see (if the changs has been pushed out to the public). The changes that was made means that Cow's Anti Cheat as well as every plugin that should work with SB++ will need a little rewrite, in order to check whether it is actually "SourceBans", "SouceBans++" or any other plugin that they are working with. It's a very simple change though, simply doing the same as currently but with other "library" names.
I don't understand it, I checked the Github of SB++ and it made me even more confused about the compatibility. Basically, every plugin that checked for SB before, didn't knew if it was SB or SB++ but now if you want to use the functions of SB++, you need to specifically use the sbpp include?

I'm asking since I have the same issues with CowAC not banning players and instead just spamming the ingame chat & logs.

Our 35HP Knife Server:

Our Jailbreak Server:
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-17-2018 , 23:06   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtfrische View Post
I don't understand it, I checked the Github of SB++ and it made me even more confused about the compatibility. Basically, every plugin that checked for SB before, didn't knew if it was SB or SB++ but now if you want to use the functions of SB++, you need to specifically use the sbpp include?

I'm asking since I have the same issues with CowAC not banning players and instead just spamming the ingame chat & logs.
SourceBans++ decided to mark the "SBBanPlayer" native as deprecated, which signals that it is up fo removal at a later time.

Such as previously when this Cow Anti Cheat were using SBBanPlayer, which is the official way to support "SourceBans", this lead to warnings for people who were trying to compile this plugin, and who had installed SourceBans++.

This was because SourceBans++ were still (re)using the "sourcebans" library name, even though a lot had changed, which would then huge conflicts with the official SourceBans, on the day where SourceBans++ may decide to completely remove SBBanPlayer native. It already gave warnings for many people, e.g. as you can see in Post #36.

To stay ahead of things, and since it would appear that they didn't spot those issues on their own, they were likely "notified" about this, so they had a chance for them to fixing it within a reasonable time, instead of leading to thousands of plugins going bazerk in the future, because of their mistakes.

However, SourceBans++ 1.6.3 - PRE, from January 19, 2018 DOES NOT include these changes.

The only way you can be affected by this yet would be, if you have downloaded SourceBans++ directly from GitHub and compiled yourself on or after March 12, 2018 CET. If this does NOT EQUAL TRUE for you, then you ARE NOT affected by the above SourceBans++ fix, where Cow Anti Cheat would require minor adjustments. The issue would then be something else.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
STiNG645
Old 03-18-2018 , 03:33   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #366

Does the triggerbot detection working normally? In recent days it was banned many players.
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2018 , 16:32   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiNG645 View Post
Does the triggerbot detection working normally? In recent days it was banned many players.
Aimbot detection is broken, disable it and wait for the next update.
Old 03-19-2018 , 15:19   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
The only way you can be affected by this yet would be, if you have downloaded SourceBans++ directly from GitHub and compiled yourself on or after March 12, 2018 CET.
That is not the case for me, thank you for giving such a detailed answer.

Our 35HP Knife Server:

Our Jailbreak Server:
MaZa
BANNED
Old 03-19-2018 , 17:28   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #369

Go add anti knife bot
edgar009955
Old 03-25-2018 , 12:43   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/10/2018)
Reply With Quote #370

Not long you lasted. RIP