Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.3.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Necrothug
Old 12-26-2009 , 01:41   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #11

Any chance we could get a lite version of this that just fixes the spectator bug?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2009 , 12:00   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #12

If you leave team order at default it should do just that?

The Spectator bug is not fixable without SDK Calls (the Extension). Because L4D2 does not tell Plugin Coders which team a player will or should be on next map. We have to run an entirely independant own Scorecount along the "official" one.

Version 1.0.2 is out - there was a problem with Tie Breakers if the team which just ended their round did NOT win the tie break.

As for the crashing extension ... tell Downtown to get his shit together ^^

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 12-26-2009 at 12:20.
dacomb
Old 12-26-2009 , 13:08   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #13

Thanks for the explanation Atomic.

It's too bad you can't just have a team order plugin without the scoring aspect.

I definitely think the L4D2 scoring system is crap but it's really confusing the way the scores change on the board and most of the players keep going... WTF man! :P

Generally I don't care but then last night I was playing The Parish and When we started the 2nd round my team had won the first round and should have been survivor first with the default settings in your plugin.
The score board stuck while we were in the safe room and suddenly my team was infected.
So we played through and incaped the other team before the Alarm event.
Then the scores tallied and my team found ourselves not in the 2nd map safe room but instead on the 3rd map safe room.

Best I could tell, it just skipped over my teams Survivor run through the 2nd map, bumped us to infected, and then went to the 3rd map.

So we went back to the lobby, I rebooted the server, and we started again.

This time the AI D in all his glorious wisdom placed a witch on the roof of that one building right in front of the docks on The Parish. Some pubbie thought shooting at it was a good way to get rid of the smoker who'd spawned there.
Of course the witch was startled and proceeded to incap and thrash the pubbie. Sadly, her screams never stopped and all of us crashed to the desktop. :P The whole scene was rather funny so it didn't really bother me but I had to disable the plugin and extension.

I'm not sure which, the Team Order component or the additional Scoring component, is the problem but I was only able to get the whole package to work once on Dark Carnival... which was really nice since the losing team got to go first on the finale...

Would love to use just the Team Order part without the scoring...

Maybe Valve reads the forums and will update it somehow...
*holds breath*... ah forget it :P

Last edited by dacomb; 12-26-2009 at 13:11.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2009 , 13:25   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #14

There might be a solution in the closer future as Downtown is working on a way to call certain SDKFunctions (most notably being CDirector::AreTeamsSwapped). Until then, POST THE LOG SO I CAN WORK ON THE BUGS.
dacomb
Old 12-26-2009 , 15:25   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #15

Here's the logs. Thanks Atomic!
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2scores_log.txt (54.3 KB, 214 views)
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2009 , 15:45   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #16

The Log is not from your bugged Parish game, but a Dark Carnival one?

The Error "ClearTeamScores not found" indicates youre using 0.4.2 of the Downtown extension with the outdated gamedata file. Downtown posted a fix later.

The Plugin cannot work (properly) on a server without the "OnClearTeamScores" Forward. But that does not get a concern unless the server keeps running for multiple games.

You were using default team order?

Map 1 looks fine?
Map 2 looks fine?
Map 3 looks fine?

There appears to be a mistake in Map 4 - 5 transition. The other team passed you in score, yet you remained Survivor on Finale?

Or were you using the "Finale Only" Teamswapping? I should maybe add it to logging...

If you were, the first campaign worked out just fine?

Ah i see you continued the game right away, on The Parish. As before mentioned, without the OnClearTeamScores Signature the Plugin does not get reset on a new Campaign and simply cannot work right.
Also, as mentioned in the extension Thread both 0.4.2 and 0.4.3 crash on various occasions. Wait for Downtown to fix it up.

EDIT:

A solution is posted and worked for me when i dry-tested it.

Get 0.4.3 of the extension and this gamedata file along with it.

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 12-26-2009 at 17:21.
dacomb
Old 12-26-2009 , 19:15   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
The Error "ClearTeamScores not found" indicates youre using 0.4.2 of the Downtown extension with the outdated gamedata file. Downtown posted a fix later.

The Plugin cannot work (properly) on a server without the "OnClearTeamScores" Forward. But that does not get a concern unless the server keeps running for multiple games.
After the witch crash to desktop I realized I didn't have the updated gamedata file so I did get that... afterward. It would explain why it freaked out though.

Quote:
There appears to be a mistake in Map 4 - 5 transition. The other team passed you in score, yet you remained Survivor on Finale?

Or were you using the "Finale Only" Teamswapping? I should maybe add it to logging...
Yes, I was using the default. The score screen stayed put for a bit and then it swapped us. And since it was the first game using the plugin it did work well.

I'm down for more logging. I've been playing quite a bit of VS on this particular server trying to get it tweaked for balanced game play... I'd be happy to run the plugin again and shoot you logs from my games if that's helpful for you.
You could even make a full on debug log version... Just log everything. I'll run it. logs... MOAR!!! :P

Quote:
Ah i see you continued the game right away, on The Parish. As before mentioned, without the OnClearTeamScores Signature the Plugin does not get reset on a new Campaign and simply cannot work right.
Also, as mentioned in the extension Thread both 0.4.2 and 0.4.3 crash on various occasions. Wait for Downtown to fix it up.
Yeah, looks like that's a work in progress not helped much by Valve's "bug fixes".

I'll update to yours and his latest versions you linked and give it another go.
dacomb
Old 12-27-2009 , 02:54   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #18

Atomic,

I updated the plugin to your latest version as well as the left4downtown extension and the gamedata file you pointed me to.

Left everything default.

As far as I can tell the plugin worked well except that after the first map the scores swapped by themselves.

So I manually swapped them back.

Then the next map... scores swapped...

I had to manually swap the scores at each map change.

attached log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2scores_gamelog.txt (28.7 KB, 205 views)
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2009 , 05:32   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #19

Are you sure there was a problem? The Log appears completely fine (Plugin Scores matched ingame scores) until you swapped the scores manually the first time in map 3. From there, its off.

Ill re-enact your game scores to see how it went wrong.

EDIT:

I see. Scores were correct but you land in the wrong team on map 3 start.

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 12-27-2009 at 05:59.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2009 , 10:10   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.0.3
Reply With Quote #20

Added version 1.0.3 which still is fixing score and team swap mistakes.